TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
katelyn2015 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katelyn

Unhappy Should i get help? - July 1st 2011, 05:06 AM

....Iv'e been in a kind of rut lately... Iv'e lost interest in everything i used to be interested in. Whenever anyone asks me about something the first thing that always pops into my mind is 'i don't care'.... I tried venting by cutting, burning, crying, and writing a list of 100 things that i hate.... and my brother found it... and he told me that i need to get checked out... like as in i have a mental problem and need to talk to a psychiatrist... I don't know should i? I don't want to ask my parents to take me because they found out that i cut once and our relationship has not been the same since.... I don't know if i should tell them... they dont really understand me.... what should I do?...

*~~~*Light Give Me Strength*~~~~~*

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Sassie0630 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Megan

Re: Should i get help? - July 1st 2011, 05:25 AM

Hey you should go get help .I would I been in therapy its helpful.You get a assessment an see what you need

(#3 (permalink)) Old
zucks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alexa

Re: Should i get help? - July 1st 2011, 06:06 AM

I think if you're ready to talk about it with someone, then you should. If you feel as if you are depressed and think you can physically harm yourself dangerously, then you should talk to someone about what you are going through. Maybe tell your parents the reason of your cutting and tell them you think you need to speak to a therapist about it. Stay strong.

"...and I've lost who I am, and I can't understand.."

Here for anyone.. PM me or add me, anything.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: Should i get help? - July 2nd 2011, 09:27 PM

I think it could definitely help you to talk to someone, it could probably actually help you to realize why you're feeling like this.

I think it's a good idea, and I'm sorry about your issues with SH. I do think it would be really helpful to you to go, you don't have to tell your parents about the self harm right away, you can go and talk to a professional first and come out to them when you feel like the time is right. Either way, you shouldn't have to go through it alone.

If you ever want to talk you can PM me.

<3

Closed Thread