TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
call_me_strange Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

thunder thighs? - July 4th 2011, 01:12 AM

Im not sure where to put this so I put it here as Im feeling quite a bit down.
Basically my mother had a bit of a nag at me because of my shorts. according to her my thighs are much too large to be wearing short shorts and I shouldnt at all.
I always thought of myself as fit, not skinny, but fit. Im about [Edited By Jazz Guy], im quite tall and Im a size [Edited By Jazz Guy] bottom. I do take karate and I run a lot so I do have quite a bit of muscle mass hence the larger size but i just feel like such utter shit
I mean I just want slash my arms up again although that would ruin my 3 weeklong streak. for quite a while Ive wanted to stop eating and I really want to now. I feel so ugly
I could just do with some cheering up

Last edited by Loving Linux Penguin; July 4th 2011 at 02:40 AM. Reason: may be triggering for some users.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BoneAndDream Offline
The Metal Guitarist
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: thunder thighs? - July 4th 2011, 01:34 AM

large thighs are hot ;-]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: thunder thighs? - July 4th 2011, 01:35 AM

Okay.

Don't listen to your mom! My mom makes me feel self-conscious about stuff, too, especially the acne I have on my shoulders. After a while, I learned this: Just ignore her! Wear the shorts, and if she doesn't like it, tell her to quit being jealous. Because most of the time, when mothers or family members criticize girls, it's because they're jealous. It's the same as with any other person in this world.

Just don't start cutting again. It's bad for you, and look at it this way: If your mother's this awful over you having "thunder thighs" (which I really doubt you have to begin with), then just think what she'd say about the cutting. And think of all the people you meet in the future, all of whom will see your arms and wonder what you'd been through. They'd ask you about it, and you'd have to tell them. Then it would recall these memories, and drive you right back to square one.

Listen: No cutting, and either yell at your mom or calmly say: "I don't give a damn about my thunder thighs, and neither should you, because it isn't even your body." Even if you don't feel that way, if you keep saying it to her and to yourself, eventually, you'll learn to look at yourself in the mirror and be proud.

EDIT!!!!

And and and: I must agree with the above poster. Large thighs are hot.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: thunder thighs? - July 4th 2011, 01:40 AM

Don't worry, my mother says I have "Thunder thighs" too. She has a tendency to go around a store when we're out shouting to the whole place that I need longer dresses to hide them. Then when confronted on it by myself or my friend's mom "What??? I have thunder thighs too, its okay"

Long story short don't listen to your mom. You're beautiful however you are, she's just... Well, mothers like this are something. I can't tell if they're just old and cranky or jealous to be honest. Either way don't start something you KNOW you'll regret. You're better than that, you're better than your mother.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Perfectly Flawed
Not a n00b

Name: Kenny

Re: thunder thighs? - July 4th 2011, 01:40 AM

Hi sweetie. I've very sorry your mother said that to you. She had no right to say something like that. There could be many reasons she said such a horrible thing but I am sorry for I do not know why.
But, anyway, [edit] pounds is not big at all. Neither is size [edit]. Muscle ways more than fat! Do not stop eating, that's not healthy. You could develop an eating disorder if you do that. Please don't cut, you don't want to ruin the streak you have going. Three weeks is a long time, good job! You're not ugly, I hate that word. You are beautiful inside and out. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, even your own mother.

If you EVER need to talk, don't hesitate to PM me.

Last edited by *Jen*; July 4th 2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Please don't post weight numbers or sizes

(#6 (permalink)) Old
call_me_strange Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: thunder thighs? - July 4th 2011, 01:49 AM

I haven't posted on this site in a very very long time, I forgot how nice everyone is
thank you so much everyone I feel immensely better

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: thunder thighs? - July 4th 2011, 01:59 AM

"Thunder thighs" are unavoidable for some people. Due to your athleticism, it's bound to happen. You run a lot and you take karate. Be proud of the body you have since you work so hard to be fit. What your mother has said to you was pretty awful and untrue, and you know it. Look at the beautiful, toned body you have- it would be a shame to cut, wouldn't it? You're lovely, don't let this spoil your mood.

I wanted to share this picture with you if you haven't seen it already.
It seems very appropriate.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
jacoboram126 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: thunder thighs? - July 4th 2011, 12:56 PM

you shouldn't be depressed about what other people think of how you look.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: thunder thighs? - July 4th 2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfThePoisonHeart View Post
large thighs are hot ;-]
Agreed. 10 points awarded to you for saying what I planned on saying before I said it. (Try saying that ten times fast...)

jacoboram126: Easier said than done in many cases. Especially when it comes from a parent.

To be honest your mother is probably either a super skinny anorexic or a massively overweight person. In the first she has a mental disorder, in the second she is trying to make herself feel better.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#10 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: thunder thighs? - July 4th 2011, 10:36 PM

I agree with everyone that you shouldn't listen to your mom.

Sometimes parents are cruel, it's not fair but they are. It could be that she thinks you're embarrassing yourself but I really doubt anyone but her actually gives a crap.

You're beautiful exactly the way you are and don't let your mom or anyone change how you feel about yourself. (:

<3

(#11 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: thunder thighs? - July 5th 2011, 01:25 AM

Moms can be overly critical a lot of the time. Your thighs are a part of who you are, and that makes them beautiful. I agree with that picture Angel posted--they're toned and muscular and very special. You should feel proud to have them because it means you're strong.

Closed Thread