TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

I'm not ready - July 6th 2011, 08:12 PM

I'm so scared of getting better. I have been depressed for as long as I can remember. I want so badly to be normal. I want to be happy, I want to be able to control my anxiety, I want my mood swings and irrational thoughts to stop, I want to feel as though I don't have to hurt myself anymore. I don't want to be suicidal. I want to love life.

I told my care co-ordinator today that I'm scared of getting better and I don't know how to because I've always been like this. She said it was okay to not feel ready, but I don't understand how it can be okay. I feel like a complete freak for not wanting to get better, of being scared of being happy. I'm terrified, but I don't know what to do.

How can I make myself ready to change? I don't get it. I don't feel like I'm ever going to be ready for this and if that's the case then I want to die and I want to die now. I can't stand another second of feeling this bad, but I'm not ready to change. WTF? I came off my antidepressants for 2 weeks, and narrowly missed being taken into hospital for my own safety today. I will be going back on some different antidepressants tomorrow when I can get to my doctors to pick up the prescription. I know I need help, but I'm so scared that if I really try and then fail, I'll end up 10 times worse than I am now. I can barely cope as it is. What the hell is wrong with me?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bailatyvm Offline
bada bing bada boom.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Faith

Re: I'm not ready - July 7th 2011, 05:28 AM

nothing's wrong with you, things just aren't going so well. the fact that you haven't given up proves how strong you are. Keep pushing, darling, keep pushing.

--
searching for myself...
and hugs. mostly hugs.
--

(#3 (permalink)) Old
EclipsedSoul Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm not ready - July 7th 2011, 07:57 AM

Hey, you're not a freak! This is all you can remember knowing and feeling and living. I know that I get so used to putting up walls and masks that when they do come down and I actually feel, it's scary. And it hurts. That's why I avoid it as much as possible. Because I'm scared of leaving behind the numbness that I've felt for so long. I know I feel like I'm not ready yet. But you'll get better someday--maybe not today, or even tomorrow, but it'll happen. You just have to keep striving toward the someday...I guess that's all any of us can do. But it'll happen, and you'll be happy without having to feel scared. I'm praying for you!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I'm not ready - July 8th 2011, 09:10 AM

I can't even leave my flat to go and get my new antidepressants. This is too bad. I cannot look after myself anymore. I didn't go to work yesterday. I just can't get out of bed. I'm barely eating. I haven't showered. I'm a complete mess. All I can think about is suicide. I desperately need to get better, but I physically cannot even get out of bed to help myself. I'm losing everything. It's not okay for me to not be ready. I need to be ready, I just don't know how. I need to die. I can't handle this.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I'm not ready - July 8th 2011, 04:48 PM

I just went and got my antidepressants and they gave me whole month of them. Guess what's on my mind right now? Do I take them? Or do I hoarde them and save them for a "rainy day"? I'm supposed to have a job interview on monday. I don't know how I'm going to convince them that I'm normal and stable enough to do the job. I want to slit my throat.

Closed Thread