TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NuHalo Offline
Strength.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shaun

I just need some help, anything at all. - July 6th 2011, 09:14 PM

Today I lost my fifth job in a row.

A little background: The first job I lost was at a call center called Ipsos. I really didn't have the heart to work there after a while and it was an outbound servey company so it was both stressful and not worth the money. Instead of finding a job and quitting I let them just fire me after I called in sick repeatedly and was skimming through my work. Needless to say, I wasn't too bothered to have been let go, but since it was the first time it ever happened, it kind of hurt.

My second job was at the electronics department at Superstore, I was 17 or 18 at the time. I was always a big movie and game player so I really enjoyed the job. A while into it, I made the very stupid decision to shoplift. It cost me my job and alot of my dignity. I was devastated to have lost my job, and it really hit me hard. I swore to myself I would do better next time.

Come a few months later and I land a job as a CSR for Nintendo. As I said above, I am a big gamer so that job was perfect for me, since I am a people person too. That job lasted me a good year and a half. In the latter portion of the job, me and my girlfriend broke up. It was my first break up and it hit me extremely hard. I lost all interest in everything, including my job, money, and life in general. I kept skipping work and screwing up on the call floor, so they fired me. I was hardly surprised or phased at this point. I was diagnosed with depression and had started to go to therapy and taking anti depressants.

I was jobless for more than a year and a half, only having made some money from small time jobs here and there. It was very slow and arduous, but eventually I managed to gain enough motivation to get a job at a lunch and dinner place called Coras. I worked there for a few months. I was finally starting to feel better about myself, and I was proud that I was keeping my attendance in check and working what I thought was very hard. But, out of the blue they let me go because I was told I was making too many mistakes. What little motivation and happiness I had managed to gain at that point all felt like a lie. I was angry at them, and at myself, for being such a loser.

This anger gave me some weird kind of motivation, and a few months later, now 21, I got a job working for a pharmaceutical company. I have been working there for almost four months. And I made new friends, was making some good money, and honestly I felt like my life was finally back on track. I had signed up for school, I had achieved some good financial goals and I had some dreams even set in mind.

Today, I was let go from that company. The reason being that today, regardless of consistent performance reports and a spotless attendance record, I got a bad call with a customer who I ended up disconnecting on because she was calling me incompetent and wouldn't listen to anything I said. They had listened to the call and determined that I didn't handle it well enough to warrant keeping my employment.

I am just so lost, and so confused now, that I honestly don't know what is right and wrong anymore. I keep telling myself things will get better but it is just so damn hard for me to believe that.. I feel like the only way I can fix this is if I do something drastic like moving out and leaving my survival dependent on me and only me. I feel so pathetic and lonely, and I don't want to keep dissapointing everyone around me. I feel like everyone is going to hate me and I just want to get away from it all and fix things on my own terms.. I don't know if I am being irrational or not but, anything anyone could offer for advice would be swell...

I just need to know there is something I can look forward to.

Click here to PM me any time, I'm here to help you if you want to talk to someone.

Beware lest you lose the substance, by grasping at the shadow. - The Dog and the Shadow, Aesop
  Send a message via MSN to NuHalo  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: I just need some help, anything at all. - July 6th 2011, 09:23 PM

I can imagine that losing your job isn't very nice, especially if it's your fifth job but you need to tell yourself that we all make mistakes but we learn from them. I can understand that if you got a bad customer, you might not have wanted to stay on the phone with them but as I said, we all make mistakes and if you're ever in that situation again, it gives you a better idea of how to deal with it.

So, you just need to pick yourself and start the search for your next job. I know it probably isn't what you want to do right now but the sooner you get yourself a new job, the sooner you might find you feel better. I don't think you'll have disappointed anyone, as I said, we all make mistakes and if you can get yourself another job I'm sure everyone will be proud of you for brushing it off and carrying on.

If you need anyone to talk to, I'm always here. I hope you feel better x

Closed Thread