TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Terry Offline
Canadian Bacon
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Terry

Unhappy Friends..? - July 10th 2011, 01:20 PM

I'm not sure where to start, I have horrible ADHD and am very bad at stringing sentences/ideas together, so bear with me.

As of late I am severely depressed. No, I am actually not considering suicide (and not because I don't feel bad enough to be suicidal, I've been suicidal while I've felt better than I do right now), because I simply don't know how to go about it.

These last few days have been rather horrible, mainly because I am incredibly lonely. I don't see myself as actually being socially awkward, or overly shy etc, I just moved to a bigger city to go to university and know absolutely no one. I used to have a group of internet friends whom I got along very well with, and that was great for a while, but for reasons I don't feel like getting into, I don't talk to them anymore, and I am feeling more and more miserable, sitting in my crummy apartment, watching movies, listening to music and taking walks.

I have tried to find groups etc, but there are none during the summer, most are organized by the university and only run during semesters. I have been trying to make friends online, but people seem to lose interest in me rather quickly.

Generally this is what happens: I say hi, they say hi, we discuss interests, then a week or two later we never talk to each other again. It's probably because I don't have all that many interests (or many interests that people like to talk about, at least).

I have been searching for websites etc to meet people but I never know how to integrate myself into groups, or, it turns out like I said above.

I like to think I am a genuinely nice person, and in highschool I had a few friends with whom I got along with really well, so I know it's not completely impossible for me to make/maintain friends, but there just doesn't seem to be many people like those friends much anywhere.
(Before some one suggests to get back in touch with those people, I can't really, most are too busy/we ended on bad terms/we just don't have much in common anymore).

I just miss having people actually initiate conversations with me, and being excited to talk to me.

For now let's completely rule out real life friends, because I am too exhausted/depressed to go out and be cheery and look genuinely fun to be around, which is the "aura" you need to display in order to make people want to hang out.

Self pity will not rescue you.
Sometimes we have to save our own lives,
not because no one else cares, but because no one else can.

Life for you has been less than kind
So take a number, stand in line
We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
But how we survive is what makes us who we are.

Dreamed up the maps, give me the charcoal and the paper
We invent paths they cannot see, and they're too scared to walk

Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you are free to do anything.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chazby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Caroline

Re: Friends..? - July 10th 2011, 05:53 PM

Hey there.....

I'm kinda new here, so I can't assure you that my advice is really worth taking.....but will you PM me? I'd like to talk to you a bit. I know I'm a random teenager on the internet, but I'm somebody who's been through depression. I know what it's like.

I'll be here if you're interested.

"There is no dark side of the moon, really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

This is me: http://quoth-the-raven15.deviantart.com/

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bailatyvm Offline
bada bing bada boom.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Faith

Re: Friends..? - July 11th 2011, 03:39 AM

Ah; I know EXACTLY how you feel. the depression makes everything seem more wearing, doesn't it? You have to try to push through that mindset and tell yourself that in the end it'll be better...you said you're nice. so if you're hanging out with someone and you say that you need a break to collect yourself, they probably won't mind because they enjoy your company. It's going to be alright; keep pushing

--
searching for myself...
and hugs. mostly hugs.
--

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Friends..? - July 11th 2011, 11:49 AM

terry.

i know this is very tough at the moment, but the thing is you gotta rediscover your fire within you.

you are a wonderful person, and i think that you deserve better. please remember that the more active you try to be, the more you can overcome your current situation. please remember, we're all here to support you.

we all love that you have been a nice person , and i know you're the kind that always is ready to support, and is always worthwhile to get to know.

you are a wonderful person. so stay strong. i assure you, you can overcome this.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
binniewatt Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Friends..? - July 14th 2011, 07:47 AM

Friendships is the best relation as compare to another relations. I make feel my stress out from my mind, when I am sharing it to my friends. They are my first medicine to laugh.

Closed Thread