TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katley Offline
<3 <3 </3 <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Wisdom - July 18th 2011, 06:07 AM

I feel like depression ages a person. Or at least a person who is suicidal. One who has cut, one who has attempted to be dead. One who feels numb and empty.

I feel like i know way too much now, and I've lost the carelessness of being young. Is it that way for a lot if people.

My friend just asked me what I believed in, and I said:

God. Higher power. Unforeseen futures. The power of love and light. The brutality of darkness. The savior found in friendship. The beauty hiding in the world. The death that comes when u gain wisdom. That death is not the ending.

Death: death is unknown. Death is scary, but appealing. When someone loses faith and hope, they aim for this.

Darkness: it pulls u under till u are trapped. It tries to extinguish the light of life, love, and hope

My eyes are haunted by knowledge. And my heart is broken from experience and hatred. I walk in a shadow of darkness.

Just rise above this
Kill them with your kindness
Ignorance is blindness
They're the ones that stand to lose

'Cause they don't even know you
All they see is SCARS
They don't see the ANGEL
Living in your heart

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Re: Wisdom - July 18th 2011, 03:06 PM

I certainly think my depression and struggles with self harm made me see the world differently to my friends...I saw everything beyond face value....stopped judging people....looked into things and became a philosofical, polictical faith driven person. I became more mature and greew up a whole 2 years beofre many of my friends.....

I became more aware of the world and the issues in the world.

So I do believe that mental illmess and unhelathy coping mechanisms can cause people to change and become more mature, deeper thinkers.

I would suggest thinking this as a positive outcome and not a negative as when I accpeted this and made it a positive thing things certainly improved.

If you ever need any support or advice I am here for you.
Stay strong. X

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  Send a message via MSN to Liz94  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Katley Offline
<3 <3 </3 <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: Wisdom - July 18th 2011, 04:30 PM

I agree, I can't imagine going back to the way I used to
Be, even if I miss my old self sometimes

Just rise above this
Kill them with your kindness
Ignorance is blindness
They're the ones that stand to lose

'Cause they don't even know you
All they see is SCARS
They don't see the ANGEL
Living in your heart

(#4 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Wisdom - July 18th 2011, 04:51 PM

I've always felt somewhat ahead of my peers because of my dsyfunctional family. I mean I've been forced to grow up and get genuine wisdom and understanding or else I would be crazy like my mother. I've learned a lot of hard truths. I understand things differently than others my age. Eventually they will all catch up. Eventually I'll fit in. But right now I'm miles ahead of them. I completely understand what you are talking about. Ranting about childish things like school drama and how ugly the ugly kid is silly and pointless. It leaves you out sometimes. A group of my friends were making jokes about suicide and I knew better. I knew that being where I was not very long ago was not a nice place, and certainly not a joke. I felt distanced. Sometimes I still want to make friends. Lately I've been wishing for more. I know that when I do I'll feel emotionally distant from them though.

I get what you mean entirely. If you ever need anyone to talk to I'm online a lot, and I get what you're going through.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#5 (permalink)) Old
bailatyvm Offline
bada bing bada boom.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Faith

Re: Wisdom - July 19th 2011, 04:19 AM

haha, it's a bit of a weird twist? we go through so much more than others yet we're lucky in a sense, because we learn the hard lessons faster? interesting

--
searching for myself...
and hugs. mostly hugs.
--

(#6 (permalink)) Old
letgoslowly Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Di

Re: Wisdom - July 19th 2011, 04:46 AM

I completely agree with you, Sora. I feel like all struggles age people mentally, and physically. I look my age. But whenever I hangout with my father and his friends at bars, they always comment to him later about how surprisingly mature I am. And I take that as a compliment for the most part. But i also makes me feel like shit sometimes because I think it kinda made it towhere I kinda skipped my childhood and teen years mentally. I can't be carefree anymore because I know its not real. Keep your chin up, I'm always here if you need to talk. Especially since we both struggle with depression, suicide, and self harm. And since you're a fellow Mayday Parade lover!

I'm burning out like a bright light, I wasn't ready for this. You're adorable as hell, but I'm glancing at your wrist.

Closed Thread