TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jake_96 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jake

Unhappy Why does school make me so depressed? - July 18th 2011, 01:34 PM

It is almost 11.30pm on Monday here in Australia, and today was my first day back at school after two weeks of school holidays. As soon as school ended and the school holidays began, I became really happy and was just generally enjoying life. Going out with my friends (my best friends go to different schools, I think this has something to do with my depression), playing games on the Xbox and I was having a lot of fun. Then yesterday (Sunday), I started getting depressed because I knew school was starting again today. Then when I got to school, it wasn't that bad (it never is that bad, I will explain later on), I was talking to some of my friends (not really friends, never hang out outside of school) and I felt relatively content. Then when I got home, I lapsed into my depression again and started crying. I remind myself that school isn't that bad but it doesn't help. I dread going the next day. I also lose the will to play games on the Xbox or talk to my friends on the internet, kind of thinking "what's the point". The only thing that makes me happy after getting home from school is being with my friends, which barely happens because they live pretty far away. Then the weekend comes along and I become pretty happy (not as happy as school holidays though), and I start enjoying life again. But then Sunday comes along once again, and I lapse into depression and the cycle starts all over again.

I just want people to respond telling me what they think would help. Do you think it would help my depression if I had some really close friends at my school?

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make it worth watching.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Re: Why does school make me so depressed? - July 18th 2011, 01:41 PM

I think having really close friends at school certainly would make school better for you. Joining a few clubs would help as that way you can make friends and have something in common (going to the club)

You are not alone in this school can be very stressful with important exams and the pressure to succeed in life. As well as making friends and the risk of being bullied.

If you are struggling and with school making you feel depressed approach a teacher that you feel comfortable taling to and explain what you have said here. That way school will know and can help you.

Good luck. I hope this has helped.
If you ever need someone to talk to I am here.

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  Send a message via MSN to Liz94  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Theres always someone. <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: Why does school make me so depressed? - July 18th 2011, 01:46 PM

Hey there,

Yes, I do believe having/making some good, close friends at your school would help your depression. It seems to me that you're just extremely uncomfortable with school (which is pretty normal, sometimes people just don't like school) and having people that you're only "content" with doesn't help much. If all of the people you truly consider friends you don't get to see often, it can make doing things (like going to school) seem 10x more daunting because you don't feel as though you have anyone you can turn to should you need to.

Work on becoming more than just content with the people you go to school with. Try and find time and make plans to hang out and do things.

More importantly, if things don't work outand you find out the people who hang around at school arent like you thought, just remember high school isn't forever. You'll still have your friends from different schools, and you'll still be able to keep in touch with them
Keep your chin up, things'll get better!

Feel free to PM/VM/Add me anytime, I never mind listening!
Best wishes!<3
Nikki

♪♫"The mirror only shows
The shell of what's below
You can't go on suffering
The illusion of control
It's time for letting go
You can't go on suffering
And now you know
Now you know"♪♫
'Now You Know' - 2Cents
Things get better.
Always keep fighting.
❤Feel free to PM/VM, or add me if you ever need a friend, or someone to talk to. I'm online quite often.
Add me on FB <--- apparently this is my creeper face.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bailatyvm Offline
bada bing bada boom.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Why does school make me so depressed? - July 19th 2011, 03:24 AM

I agree with the people above...also give school a point for you. It sounds like you're disregarding it as necessary because it's so difficult..look for something positive. it always helpsxx

Closed Thread