TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lost.. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

just needed to get it out - July 19th 2011, 07:47 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Just dont know what to do or where to turn.... My mother would just tell people and i dont really have any other family... so here is everything
i feel like i have no point in life, i work to cover bills and loans, because i have spent to keep myself happy, i have no money left each time i get paid, my job is a stanard wage and feel like il be doing this for the rest of my life... never pushed but not money and loans to pay i have no way to make a difference. im single and feeling lonely hurts, but my mind set just messes up anyone that comes into my life, weekends i can drink so heavy, im sure i have had alcohol poisoning many of times! If i think about my life i cant stop crying and all i can think about is ending my life...

thanks

(#2 (permalink)) Old
alibear101 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alyssa

Re: just needed to get it out - July 20th 2011, 01:17 AM

heyy listen i know that life seems hard. don't get me wrong im not gonna say that lifes gonna get better and all that shit. just know that one day you will find the right girl/guy that will make life just a little bit easier, just a little bit better. i have been through a lot of stuff in only 14 years of life and i know how hard it can be. all im saying is have hope that one day it could get better. message me if you ever wanna talk <3

Everybody dies, but not everybody lives <3
  Send a message via MSN to alibear101  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
bailatyvm Offline
bada bing bada boom.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Faith

Re: just needed to get it out - July 20th 2011, 06:17 PM

Yeah; don't lose hope. Once you've hit the bottom, the only other way to go is up, hm? If you think alcohol's a problem then work to control it..control what you can, okay? You're strong, keep going.

--
searching for myself...
and hugs. mostly hugs.
--

(#4 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: just needed to get it out - July 21st 2011, 02:13 AM

Well giving up (Or cutting down) on alcohol would help. You would have more money, and exit the guilt cycle.

You feel sad > You drink > You feel guilty from drinking > Rinse and repeat

By quitting (Or cutting down to a reasonable amount) of alcohol you would have more money, which could go a long way to make you feel better.

Alcohol also works as a depressant. It depresses (Or represses) the happy and energetic thoughts in your brain. It's been proven that long term alcohol abuse can actually cause depression, even if there is no other signifigant reason for depression.

Also, things will get better. As someone here has already said, once you're at the worst, it gets better. A wise person once told me "At the end of every storm there is a rainbow." and it's true. Weather the storm and eventually things will look up. By ending your life you are only cheating the world out of your long and eventful life. You needn't feel that suicide is the only way you can get help. You can turn things around, even on your own. My thoughts (And if you believe in it, prayers) will be with you, and I hope that you use TeenHelp to it's full extent to help you through this diffcult time.

If you ever need anything, you can PM me.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

Closed Thread