TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

I should just die - July 25th 2011, 12:43 PM

I am a social failure, and nothing can fix it.

It is next to impossible for me to keep a regular sleep schedule. A variety of anti-depressant and tranquilizer medication at maximum dosage have no beneficial effect on me. I spent a lot of time (a couple years) with a psychiatrist trying things , and I'm no better and maybe worse off for it. I spent longer with a counselor.

I'm 21 and have never had a real relationship. It will be a year before I have the opportunity to form a relationship because it is too late to meet anyone in college. I'm not comfortable with and do not sleep around (and I kind of look down on people who do). I know people who are getting married, and I haven't even begun dating. I feel like no girl could ever want me. I also do not feel like, even if someone did, that I could stand to live any kind of normal life.

In high school I had absolutely no friends. I have such a hard time liking people and getting along with people.

I might have ruined my life with my college decision. I also will probably never have a family.

I just feel so dead. My life is extremely lonely. I haven't even been able to talk with people lately really. I've shut down.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: I should just die - July 25th 2011, 01:11 PM

<3 Hey hun. I'm sorry you feel so lonely and hopeless.

I can relate some, though. As for you having trouble liking people...Well, my boyfriend and I both were the same. We are the same. Neither of us enjoy others' company much. Somehow though, we like each other and get along well.

I met him of a dating site even! We met, we clicked, and we're together going on 2 years.

It's not too late to get a girlfriend at college. You can make friends anytime anywhere. Keep looking.

You did not ruin your life with your college choice. We learn from our mistakes. Even if we get 100k+ in debt, eventually our schooling will pay off. You are going to school and doing well (I believe you said), and what matters is that you get that Degree. So it's not the best school in the country; it is still a degree in what you want and what you need. So take it with pride.

Have you tried an intern job yet? That's something to do your last year in college. It helps you get into the work area with a great reference when you graduate.

I hope this helps and wasn't me just rambling.

<3 TC
Kelly

(#3 (permalink)) Old
The_Princess Offline
Average Joe

Name: Tristyn

Re: I should just die - July 26th 2011, 01:27 AM

You should never ever think that you should die. You are full of life and spirit. Just because things may seem bleak right now, means nothing. Your life could just be waiting to take a turn for the best. But you have to be prepared for it. You should also not take so many pills, just because they have no affect on you, doesn't mean it's right! You could totally OD from that. So please don't. Think highly of yourself and carry yourself with pride! PM me if you ever need to talk.... And don't worry, things will get better.

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
~St. Clement of Alexandra

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I should just die - July 27th 2011, 11:35 AM

Thank you for responding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_thereal_world View Post
<3 Hey hun. I'm sorry you feel so lonely and hopeless.

I can relate some, though. As for you having trouble liking people...Well, my boyfriend and I both were the same. We are the same. Neither of us enjoy others' company much. Somehow though, we like each other and get along well.

I met him of a dating site even! We met, we clicked, and we're together going on 2 years.

It's not too late to get a girlfriend at college. You can make friends anytime anywhere. Keep looking.

You did not ruin your life with your college choice. We learn from our mistakes. Even if we get 100k+ in debt, eventually our schooling will pay off. You are going to school and doing well (I believe you said), and what matters is that you get that Degree. So it's not the best school in the country; it is still a degree in what you want and what you need. So take it with pride.

Have you tried an intern job yet? That's something to do your last year in college. It helps you get into the work area with a great reference when you graduate.

I hope this helps and wasn't me just rambling.

<3 TC
Kelly
It is too late to get a girlfriend in college as well as an internship. The town my school is located in has no opportunities (because it is so small), and nobody would want a relationship when we would have to break it off when we graduate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Princess View Post
You should never ever think that you should die. You are full of life and spirit. Just because things may seem bleak right now, means nothing. Your life could just be waiting to take a turn for the best. But you have to be prepared for it. You should also not take so many pills, just because they have no affect on you, doesn't mean it's right! You could totally OD from that. So please don't. Think highly of yourself and carry yourself with pride! PM me if you ever need to talk.... And don't worry, things will get better.
Things have seemed bleak for about a decade now. I have felt suicidal off and on for a very long time. I have a hard time enjoying social events or going out. I feel so dead.

Just for clarification: I only took pills according to how they were prescribed to me. I never abused the medication, and I also haven't taken any in a long time.

Closed Thread