TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ARootlessTree Offline
ಠ_ಠ
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Toz

Something I'd like to share with you all. - August 1st 2011, 04:39 AM

Hi everyone. For those of you that are seasoned members here, you may or may not know me. I used to be a buddy on here, and I'm sorry to say I neglected my duties and ended up becoming and off and on member. My reasons are mixed; I didn't really find being a welcoming staff type that appealing, and life got complicated. I've been from the brinks of suicide and addiction and back, and there's some hard earned wisdom I feel you all can benefit from. So I guess I'll dive right into it.

Choices. A lot of us drawn to this subforum don't feel like we have a choice. I've been there before. Check my posting history, I've created multiple topics in this subform. "I don't have a choice." Regardless of what you may think, we always have a choice. Adapt, overcome, or fall victim. Have faith in yourself, and in the human spirit. Have faith in the fact that across the eons of human history, people just like you have gone through worse and survived. You always have a choice. Be mastered by your circumstances or become the master of them. Either way, the choice is your choice, and your choice alone. Don't be afraid to reach out and take control.

Self Image. I have a bad one as well. I don't think I'm really that good looking. I know a lot of people feel the same way about themselves. The fact of the matter is, anything relating to yourself is in your control. Before anything though, love yourself. Appreciate yourself for the person you are. Appreciate the fact that whatever it is that bought you down this low, you've survived it for now. After you've learned to love yourself, tackling your self image gets a lot easier. I'm willing to also submit to you that people are more attracted to the person who shines with confidence and self worth, as well.

Overcoming obstacles. There's no easy way to put it, but all you can really do is try your best to keep smiling. Keep pushing forward, and hope with all you've got that it'll pick backup. Find joy in the little things, as well. I'm a huge fan of that patch of sunlight you get on hardwood floors in the summertime. One of the best things I ever did was promise myself to wake with, and go to sleep with, a smile on my face. Keep a journal. When times get tough, refer to the times they were tough before and how you got through. Write down one thing a day that made you smile. Go back and remember, when you need to.

I hope this helps. If even one person vaguely remembers half of what I said here, I'll be happy. Be strong, people. I care about each and every one of you, and my inbox is always open to you all. Be warned, though. Don't come to me until you're ready to be helped.

Love, Toz

(#2 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Something I'd like to share with you all. - August 1st 2011, 04:59 AM

I love you so much more for this. <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Formerly Puppy-Sized Elephant
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Elsa

Re: Something I'd like to share with you all. - August 1st 2011, 09:39 AM

Thanks for this.