TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
troubled teen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Angry PLEASE SUPPORT And/or help - August 2nd 2011, 07:19 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Basically, I am almost 16, and I have had a form of cerebral palsy in my legs my whole life (this means I cant play the sports I love which not only robs a passion of mine, but also precious comradery with friends I don't get to see much since sports is time consuming). This also means I can't pursuit the career choices I want to pursuit like sports analysist or a professional wrestler.

Furthermore I go to a school that is very passionate about sports might I add. I am decently popular, but my friendships have deteriorated over time primarily due to my frequent depression of my deprived life. I had to go through years of both occupational and physical therapy I might add which may seem minor, but takes its toll .

Additionally, my father has been a diabetic since 5th grade with multiple complications since, and he is just getting crabbier and bleaker as time passes it seems and he is sort of suicidal in that he doesn't care if he dies. Mother hates her job and I have seen her cry before which doesn't help things and is really moody due to menopause. Not to mention, my parents are separating and I just don't know what to say as they have fought many a time throughout my life. It is really hard on me since they have been together my whole life and we have lived in the same house my whole life as a family. I feel like if my bull headed dad would apologize to her, things would be better, but he doesn't take criticism well and I feel that if I speak up he will get offended at me.

I just feel that as a teen I shouldn't have to put up with this bullshit and be able to live a normal teen's life where I can play sports, hang with friends disability free and not have to worry about an unstable home life. Life gets harder by the day and my world just seems to be crashing down. This trauma also makes me question my religion in that God NEVER speaks to me or helps me out ( I thought he was supposed to have a plan for us well his plan for me sure sucks), so why should I be expected to praise him in high reguard? My salvations can't hide my pain and I need HELP.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bailatyvm Offline
bada bing bada boom.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Faith

Re: PLEASE SUPPORT And/or help - August 3rd 2011, 04:05 AM

Hey; you're unique in your situation. And if I'm going to speak on a religious standpoint for you, I know how you feel, and how it feels like a crappy little life you're having to live, and yeah, it feels like this isn't going to end. I know, I get that. I feel that way all the time. But you're going to learn, over time, how to get through this, and you're going to be able to help someone else. Think of all of the people your story could inspire someday. You cn do this. Trust me. PM me if you need. best of luck

--
searching for myself...
and hugs. mostly hugs.
--

Closed Thread