TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Paddy Offline
Glad TH is back!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Paddy

HELP :( - August 6th 2011, 10:50 PM

Hello all, I've had depression for 4 years now, coped with it in up and down moments, but lately I've become really violent, (not towards anyone) and not infront of any one. things i'll do -

Smash my own room up -
smash the front room up (if no ones in)

Then as soon as i've done it, i'll cry and clean everything up i'm confused. what do i do?

If you live for ever?

what do you live for?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: HELP :( - August 6th 2011, 10:54 PM

I have moments of rage, too. I generally catch myself partway through hitting a wall, screaming at someone, tearing something up, etc.

When I catch myself, I'll quickly go punch something soft, rip up some paper, go for a run, etc. A great way to deal with anger is to get some exercise doing something useful or that you like. Also, doing these on a regular basis and not just when you are upset helps to prevent outbursts.

If you need ideas, let me know. I can make a list of ideas.
Take care Paddy.

-Kelly

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Paddy Offline
Glad TH is back!
Regular TeenHelper

Re: HELP :( - August 6th 2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_thereal_world View Post
I have moments of rage, too. I generally catch myself partway through hitting a wall, screaming at someone, tearing something up, etc.

When I catch myself, I'll quickly go punch something soft, rip up some paper, go for a run, etc. A great way to deal with anger is to get some exercise doing something useful or that you like. Also, doing these on a regular basis and not just when you are upset helps to prevent outbursts.

If you need ideas, let me know. I can make a list of ideas.
Take care Paddy.

-Kelly
Thank you kelly! i shall try them! just scares me some times

If you live for ever?

what do you live for?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Re: HELP :( - August 6th 2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post

Thank you kelly! i shall try them! just scares me some times
It is definitely scary. I just lose control and then suddenly realize what I did. Then I feel scared/guilty and cry.

My temper has gone down lots since I began reading as an "escape", and exercising as a way to relieve all the tension and anger built up.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: HELP :( - August 7th 2011, 12:20 AM

I would try different coping mechanisms, such as talking to somebody, like a friend or your parent,, exercising, screaming into a pillow, deep breathing exercises, and so on. If these don't work I would consider taking anger management classes and seeing a counselor. I'm so sorry you've had all this anger, but things can get better, it happens to the best of us. Stay strong, PM me if you ever need!

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said ďit hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: HELP :( - August 7th 2011, 04:22 AM

I agree with the two up there ^^. If you feel like you're going to do something violent, just stop for a second and find something less destructive. It sounds like running could be something that's really good for you because that's a way to tire you out and get a lot of your anger/energy out as well.
Good luck <3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Paddy Offline
Glad TH is back!
Regular TeenHelper

Re: HELP :( - August 7th 2011, 04:09 PM

I shall try all off the suggestions, thank you all for your advice.

If you live for ever?

what do you live for?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Victoria ♥ Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Victoria

Re: HELP :( - August 7th 2011, 08:08 PM

Hey Paddy,
I’m sorry to hear how you’ve been feeling lately, it seems like things are difficult right now.

Something it might help to think about is why you’re getting angry in the first place. Is there a particular situation/time/event that makes you more likely to feel this way? I think that if you understand what causes you to feel angry then you might find it easier to control, or you might be able to avoid certain triggers until you find a way of coping. You also say that you’ve been suffering with depression over the past 4 years and i’m wondering if you’re receiving any professional help? If you are then perhaps you could try talking about this?

As far as managing the anger goes you might find this link useful. Although it’s the self harm alternatives thread, the first section gives suggestions on what you can do if you’re feeling angry or restless. I also like Maddys suggestion of stopping and thinking when you feel yourself getting angry. Perhaps you could try counting down from 20 and taking some deep breaths?

I hope you start to feel better and if you want to talk about anything let me know.

Take care,
Vicky

♥ 18.10.08 ♥
LiveHelp Operator

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Paddy Offline
Glad TH is back!
Regular TeenHelper

Re: HELP :( - August 8th 2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriadactyl. View Post
Hey Paddy,
Iím sorry to hear how youíve been feeling lately, it seems like things are difficult right now.

Something it might help to think about is why youíre getting angry in the first place. Is there a particular situation/time/event that makes you more likely to feel this way? I think that if you understand what causes you to feel angry then you might find it easier to control, or you might be able to avoid certain triggers until you find a way of coping. You also say that youíve been suffering with depression over the past 4 years and iím wondering if youíre receiving any professional help? If you are then perhaps you could try talking about this?

As far as managing the anger goes you might find this link useful. Although itís the self harm alternatives thread, the first section gives suggestions on what you can do if youíre feeling angry or restless. I also like Maddys suggestion of stopping and thinking when you feel yourself getting angry. Perhaps you could try counting down from 20 and taking some deep breaths?

I hope you start to feel better and if you want to talk about anything let me know.

Take care,
Vicky
Thank you very much! I shall have a look at that link - I have a doctors appointment for my review, so i might let the doctor know about it? see what he says?

Thanks again

If you live for ever?

what do you live for?

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Re: HELP :( - August 8th 2011, 08:10 PM

Yes, definitely tell your doctor if you are alright with that. He might be able to suggest some exercises or alternatives.

Closed Thread