TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dark Horse Offline
Used to be ellabella:)
Average Joe

Name: Arabella

Anger? - August 11th 2011, 11:55 AM

My mom has noticed that I have bad anger problems (well, that's what she said to me anyway) and that I'm so encreadibly mean to my sister. I know that I'm mean to her. She hasn't done anything to me (other than normal annoying sister stuff). I don't know why I'm so angry. I hate myself! Why am I so bitchy? I really do try to be nice, but then someting always just clicks and I get so mad! My mom wants to put me into councelling but... I really don't see how that would work. I'd probably just get annoyed with the therapist.
Sometimes I think it would be much better to take the anger out on myself (and I do) because that way I wouldn't be hurting anyone else.
I'm causing a lot of tension in our house. I'm always the bad person but no one really knows how I feel. Anyway. Does anyone have the same problem and any advise on how to deal with it?

Tears Falling Down To Lips Unkissed
Ignore Her And She Won't Exist
She's Not The Kind You'll Come To Miss

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anger? - August 11th 2011, 12:03 PM

I do this with my brother. I've even purposely hurt him before.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Anger? - August 11th 2011, 05:41 PM

Hey there!

I'm so sorry to hear the anger is affecting you so badly. It's such a shame that it's gotten to the point in which you take it out on yourself because you feel it would hurt people less. Let me tell you this though, knowing you are hurting yourself over this would hurt them too, so there is no reason why this is better in anyway. Instead, this is making you feel worse because you're hurting physically and emotionally. I'd advise you to look here and try to use these alternatives every time you get annoyed and get the urge to take it out on yourself. They will help you a great deal, and while not all will help you, some will, so don't be put off when some don't!

Since you've been offered help, I would definitely say take it. There is every chance you may get wound up with the therapist, but that's not to say it wont help you. These people spend their lives helping people will all kinds of problems, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear they've had people see them with issues similar to yours. They will be able to offer you ways to cope and minimise your outbursts of anger, possibly by giving you alternatives and ways of calming yourself down, so definitely go and see if they can help, after all, there's no harm in trying, right?

I wish you the best of luck.
Keep your chin up,
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Dark Horse Offline
Average Joe

Re: Anger? - August 11th 2011, 05:54 PM

Thanks Hollie

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TheQuietGirl Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Abigail

Re: Anger? - August 11th 2011, 06:13 PM

You could always at least give the councelling a try. But it might help to sit your family in the house down and have an open talk about YOUR feelings, and all of your guy's thoughts on maybe.. causes, how to help, etc. Maybe once you start feeling really mad, go and write in a journal about why you think your so mad.
That's what I do sometimes, I'll come on the main computer (I have an iPad that I can't type very quickly on ahhaha) and start typing away on a Word Document about why I'm so mad, what happened, etc.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Anger? - August 11th 2011, 06:48 PM

I have anger problems and I've punched my sister for no reason. It's like I black out and take it out on her and when she starts crying, I feel SO bad. It makes me cry. Then when I calm down, I apologize. One of these days, she's going to resent me. SO with that said, before I get mad. I open up word on my computer and start typing furiously about anything that is getting me mad. It helps me A LOT. Just to get it out in a healthier way. I even go for walks, or go to the gym to exercise my anger out. If I can help any further feel free to PM me.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Dark Horse Offline
Average Joe

Re: Anger? - August 12th 2011, 10:01 AM

thanks Brittany I'm also scared that my sister won't like me and support me when we're older.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Anger? - August 12th 2011, 04:47 PM

That makes sense. Use that fear in a positive way. Make it so that the fear controls how you act towards your sister. So in the future, she WILL be supportive and around you. Does that make sense?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Dark Horse Offline
Average Joe

Re: Anger? - August 12th 2011, 06:02 PM

Yeah, thanks

and Im going to try extra hard not to be mad all the time

Closed Thread