TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
flyinaround345 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Josh

Smile Missing him so much... - August 12th 2011, 03:55 PM

I don't know how to stop missing him. I just spent part of the summer with the greatest boy in the world. I love him more than anything in the world, I'd (if I had the choice) spend every day with him and live to him till there wasn't anything left of me. I keep listening to songs by Keith Urban "Making Memories of Us" "Somebody Like You" "Without You" "Long Hot Summer" and all that comes to mind is my best friend/love Christian. I just wish there was someway for me to not feel so sad and depressed when he is gone. We have seen each other in the summers for the past five years. He is my first love in a way, I just don't think he is completely gay like me. We have "done stuff" together for the past five years every summer. He is, unlike me, attracted to girls though and I can't figure out if he likes them more than me or secretly likes me a lot more and just hides it due to his parents forcing of him to attend church at least twice a week every week and sometimes more. I just am so sad these days. All I can think about is how much I miss him and how he may not feel anything for me at all. He's all I've ever really had as far as a relationship. He wants to move here next year with me and live in the same place and attend the same college as me. He once said, "Yeah you can get to college and come out gay and no one will care" or "I'll come live with you forever........(long extended pause)...until I find my true love" (it seemed the last part of that was forced....i secretly hoped he meant...he loved me or something) or he'll text me when we finally see each other again each summer,

HIM:"I'm so happy"
ME: "me too"
HIM: "really?? why are you happy?"
ME: "cuz you're here"
HIM: "yeah...same here "

Things like that just make me miss him so much. I just miss being with him, walking alone with him, sleeping in the same bed as him, holding him in my arms, and just .....sigh that beautiful smile that is so inviting and relaxing to be with. I love him more than anything, but I just don't know what to do with him. I know he is also attracted to girls I just hate to admit it. I don't know if he likes me enough to plan a long term relationship. I don't know if he just won't plan far ahead because it's so "wrong" in the Christian beliefs or if he just doesn't like me as much. Any tips on what I should do? Gosh, I just love him more than anyone else. I just....don't know if there is much point without him. I always look forward to the next time I'll see him. What should I do about him? I struggle to not text him everyday (i don't want to be annoying) so I wait till he texts me. He is 18hours away and I won't see him again till September and then after that...probably next summer. Thank you for reading this, he's my sweetheart, I love him and it took me till I was 19 to realize that I actually did love him even though we'd been seeing each other every summer since I was 15. Anyways thank you.

Always missing him till the next time I get to see his beautiful smile.
  Send a message via Yahoo to flyinaround345  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Missing him so much... - August 12th 2011, 08:46 PM

Well, you can either tell him or not tell him. Long distance is very difficult; take that into consideration. If things don't work out, don't give up hope.

It would be good to know whether or not he even wants a full relationship with a guy anyway. If he is more interested in women, that could undermine it all.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
alibear101 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alyssa

Re: Missing him so much... - August 13th 2011, 05:00 AM

you can't give up hope hun <3 no matter what happens our soulmates will always find a way to be together. if you two are meant to be it will happen, it just may take a while. i know how hard it can be to face long distance relationships. i was in one for 6 months with a guy in new brunswick and we got to see each other once in that type. we would skype a few times a week and talk every night on facebook but it doesn't compare to that face to face conversation or holding that you experience when you are together. its hard but it makes those moments that you are together that much more special. just keep holding on and message me if you ever wanna talk <3

Everybody dies, but not everybody lives <3
  Send a message via MSN to alibear101  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
flyinaround345 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Missing him so much... - August 17th 2011, 06:54 AM

Thank you guys for your responses. I am just going to wait it out and keep looking while I wait (if that even makes sense). He does want to move here I do know that and every time we meet he is always happy. So obviously he likes me in some way. He did tell me "I'm gonna live with you forever......until I find my true love" so it will be nice to have him with me at least. I guess I'll just keep looking. I've resorted to just talk to him on the weekends. I don't want to get annoying, I'd love to talk to him every day but I don't want to, it just is too much if I'm constantly being the one to start the conversations. We'll see how it ends up. I'll find someone someday, I just wish it was him who I could just settle down with. Thank you for responding, love others opinions on my mess. Thank you guys

(#5 (permalink)) Old
flyinaround345 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Missing him so much... - August 17th 2011, 06:55 AM

Thank you I am definitely going to hold on to hope with him, I love him dearly and he really does want to live where I live, not exactly sure as to the reason why but I'd hope it's because he likes me and is just afraid/guilty about it. (as his family is christian and christian's love to spew guilt on everyone) Thank you @alibear101

Closed Thread