TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alibear101 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alyssa

Depressed confused and sick of being sick - August 18th 2011, 04:04 AM

I just got back from the hospital earlier today. I was only there this morning for tests and shit but it was really hard going. I guess you probably need a little background. I have an undiagnosable disease. All the doctors have given up on me and basically said live your life until you die (which will be soon earlier than most) I have been living pretty well but today was my checkup to see how i was doing. the doctor says I've gained wait and all this crap, and I'm like no fucking kidding, I randomly stop breathing and I'm in a lot of pain. The drugs that I'm on make me gain weight and i only gained half a pound. she's like i would have liked to see you loose weight. well f*** you! i guess its hard for me to go back there just because I've been through so much there. i know it has made me a more mature person and shit but it has also caused me to become depressed because of the drugs and the fact that they cant do anything. it caused me to attempt suicide 2x and recently I've been thinking about it again idk I'm so confused. please someone message me i need to talk

Everybody dies, but not everybody lives <3
  Send a message via MSN to alibear101  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Depressed confused and sick of being sick - August 18th 2011, 07:32 AM

you can talk to me. and lets say you've been going through a lot... but im going to say that you're a wonderfulperson, and that you deserve better

i dont know how much it will help, but im here for you if you need a friend or wanna talk . i love you, we love you, and the entire world needs to know about how awesome a person you really are.

please dont attempt suicide. we can stop it... and we love you so much, and we wanna make sure that you're smiling and happy, somewhere out there .

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: Depressed confused and sick of being sick - August 18th 2011, 08:05 PM

Alyssa, wow, it does sound like you've had so much going on for you recently and you're still so young. I don't know you but from that alone you sound like a really strong person with a lot of fight to give. I can imagine it was frustrating being spoken to you about your weight, because to be honest if I was ill it would probably be one of the last things on my mind. I'm glad you were able to post and let at least some of how you're feeling out though.

Sometimes just being able to rant or talk to someone can make such a difference because it stops it from being all built up inside. Do you keep a diary at all? I know it might sound daft, but a diary can actually be a really powerful thing as it allows you to let everything that you're feeling out and you're also able to look back on past entries to compare how you're doing and even see patterns of what helps you to feel better and what makes you feel down so you can alter what you do depending, does that make sense? You said that you're feeling pretty confused at the moment and writing down your feelings can also help it all to make sense as well.

How're you feeling now?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
alibear101 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alyssa

Re: Depressed confused and sick of being sick - August 18th 2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
Alyssa, wow, it does sound like you've had so much going on for you recently and you're still so young. I don't know you but from that alone you sound like a really strong person with a lot of fight to give. I can imagine it was frustrating being spoken to you about your weight, because to be honest if I was ill it would probably be one of the last things on my mind. I'm glad you were able to post and let at least some of how you're feeling out though.

Sometimes just being able to rant or talk to someone can make such a difference because it stops it from being all built up inside. Do you keep a diary at all? I know it might sound daft, but a diary can actually be a really powerful thing as it allows you to let everything that you're feeling out and you're also able to look back on past entries to compare how you're doing and even see patterns of what helps you to feel better and what makes you feel down so you can alter what you do depending, does that make sense? You said that you're feeling pretty confused at the moment and writing down your feelings can also help it all to make sense as well.

How're you feeling now?
I really don't feel all that strong anymore, i feel like giving up. my weight is one of the last things on my mind until i begin school again and the bullying starts and i feel like shit again. :/ I don't really have anyone to talk to unfortunately. i do keep a diary but I'm always afraid my parents will find it cuz they snoop through my stuff all the time. what do i do? i feel horrible today.

Everybody dies, but not everybody lives <3
  Send a message via MSN to alibear101  
Closed Thread