TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lucyvizslagirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy sick, depressed and, away - December 23rd 2011, 07:51 AM

I was just diagnosed with a rare Thyroid disease before I left to stay with relatives for the month of december and cannot get any medical help while I am here. All of my doctors are in my town of residency. While waiting a few extra weeks to get treated will not physcally kill me, my emotional state of mind is not doing so well. before I left my home town I witnessed one of my best friends die in a horrid way. Also my mother has been in a comma for about a month. this is due to a car crash that caused swelling in her brain. I am trying to be strong because I know she would want me to but I can not do this much longer. The sadness has gotten so bad that I am almost ready to just give in and let nature take its course with me. I just want everything to be okay again.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: sick, depressed and, away - December 23rd 2011, 12:20 PM

Don't give up. You're with family now yes? Let them know how upset you are. They should definitely be understanding with everything you are going through since it should affect them too, in someway.

As for the thyroid issue - There is nothing that can be done right now. Now is a time to be with family and enjoying life. Until you've seen a doctor to determine the severity, then try not to worry. No you will not be able to forget about it, but you are healthy right now and as you said, a couple weeks won't hurt anything.

Technology is so advanced now days and there are so many options for most illnesses and diseases. A friend's dad has been diagnosed with the worst type of brain cancer. They give him anywhere from 5 weeks to 5 years, but they have said there is definitely a chance he can pull through for more than 5 years with the treatments they can have him try.

That's just amazing. Five years ago, they would have sent him home with no hope at all.

Not saying you should worry about dying. Most things with the thyroid can be regulated with medication. It was just an example of how advanced we are becoming.

As for your mother. I don't know if you are religious, but I will pray. Again, technology is so advanced now. It will take time for her brain to heal, but there is still a chance for her to awaken with minimal to no damage. A lot of time these incidents only leave temporary damage.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lucyvizslagirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: sick, depressed and, away - December 24th 2011, 06:57 AM

thank you for your kind supportive words and prayers. this has been a difficult season for many and as you are praying as i know many will do i really apreciate that you are willing to include those that you do not know personally.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: sick, depressed and, away - December 24th 2011, 04:22 PM

Of course! PM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want to chat. I won't mind at all.
You're in my thoughts dear.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
shoesandglitter Offline
yadda dadda
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kay

Re: sick, depressed and, away - December 24th 2011, 09:25 PM

I'm sorry to hear about all this... I don't know how much it means since it's only an online post, but I really mean it, sounds like you've been through some awful things... Yet you're still here, you are still willing to fight, otherwise you wouldn't have posted on here, no? So please don't give up! I admire your strength, I can't imagine what I'd do in your situation. You said you're staying with your relatives right now, so make the best out of the time you have with them. Talk to them, that's what family is for. I know it sounds easy and I can only imagine how you're feeling right now... But remember, the darkest hour is just before the dawn. I wish you all the best.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread