TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Max_99 Offline
Average Joe

Holiday blues? - December 26th 2011, 03:13 AM

Eh, well, I shouldn't be typing this :P I'm not a horrible case like some of the others, I just wanna rant I guess.

I seem to really have the holiday blues, I couldn't smile at all during the family who I love so much, I didn't smile at the presents or admire the lights. Now we're with my mom's husband's family who I feel like hates me and would rather me die and sitting alone in the hotel room in solitary confinement...been like this for like, 12 hours straight? Just sitting alone and listening to music. I smoked in the hotel room and got in trouble, feel like a stupid cunt.

I dunno, just depressed by the holidays. I was excited to see my boyfriend again after a week when he got back from out-of-state, but the day he gets back, I leave for 2 days to go to Minnesota. Blah. I just feel blah.

*hugs*

Happy Whatever, guys.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: Holiday blues? - December 26th 2011, 03:40 AM

What's up? Good to see you, for real, though. You're allowed to rant, homegirl.

Its tough when holidays don't meet our expectations, and I think a lot of folks around these parts have been kind of having to deal with that recently/today. And that's an unfortunate thing. Is that what you think it is, maybe? Things supposed to be going perfectly falling a bit short of that? Sometimes I think trying to figure out the reason behind the blues and combating that works better than trying to combat the blues themselves.

I hope you and your boyfriend have a wonderful time you ARE able to spend together, either before or after you go to Minnesota. Don't sell your time short, with him, by spending too much worry on the fact that you'll be leaving soon. Refocus that energy on having a great time with him - I know he's excited to see you!

Happy whatever to you too.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Max_99 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Holiday blues? - December 26th 2011, 03:51 AM

Thanks Katrina, I think that's about right. Plus I feel like an outcast as usual :P Starting to find myself addicted to cigarettes and tobacco, I've been cutting more lately. Worried about everything :P

Oh well, trying to stay positive. Thanks again. <3

Closed Thread