TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Depression and Suicide (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/)
-   -   I used to think people cared about me but, if they dont even notice im suicidal, how can they really? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/t92038-i-used-think-people-cared-about-me-but-if-they-dont-even-notice-im-suicidal-how-can-they-really/)

lonelygirlinacrowd January 4th 2012 09:18 AM

I used to think people cared about me but, if they dont even notice im suicidal, how can they really?

I cut myself and i told a few people and they just either are angry at me or they just, don't care. and i just don't want to give in, to my thoughts about suicide and give up.

Cactus January 4th 2012 11:11 AM

Re: I used to think people cared about me but, if they dont even notice im suicidal, how can they really?

People handle the news that their loved ones cut or are suicidal differently. I, for instance, know that my girlfriend would freak out while my parents would just keep an eye on me. If you're really concerned, sit down with your parents and have a talk. And I suggest you do that. Lastly, NEVER give in to suicide! Even if no one out there cares, everyone here does, and no one would like to see you go.

Greenie January 4th 2012 11:17 AM

Re: I used to think people cared about me but, if they dont even notice im suicidal, how can they really?

Hey there
I'm quite sure that even if people don't know you're suicidal, they still care about you, and would definitely care if they knew you may not be there any more. And I know how much it hurts to have a reaction like that, if they're angry it's usually because they really do care about you and don't want that to be happening to you for your safety and wellbeing. If they act like they don't care, it's more likely that they don't know what to do, they do care but don't want to do or say the wrong thing because they don't fully understand things like cutting. Nevertheless reactions like these really do hurt. Is there someone else you can tell, like a parent, teacher or counsellor?

I've been through this before and I understand how horrible an experience this is, but I'll let you know, it won't last forever if you're able to get support.

Hang in there, stay strong. Coz you don't deserve to be thinking like this. Feel free to message me <3
Amy

Skeleton January 4th 2012 11:33 AM

As Matt said, people handle news like that in different ways and although it may seem like they don't care, they do, they just might not know how to handle what you've told them and others could have gotten angry cause they care about you and were upset to see you were doing things like that. It doesn't mean that no-one cares though, someone always cares.