TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

I hate where I live and want to move out!! - January 4th 2012, 10:15 PM

I live in a town where people are very ignorant, inconsiderate, and very judgmental. I don't feel comfortable being surrounded by these people, and I also don't like my school.
Now I just moved here about a year and a half ago and don't like it here at all. I hate my house too because it just brings a depressing mood to me and it is not a comfortable house at all! I cry often because I don't have a stable life and i cannot relax. And this also affects my performances on tests. Although I study well and still do well on tests, I know I can do better if I was in a better mood and more relaxed and happy.
I can't find any happiness in my situation and I am usually in a bad mood since my life lacks stability and calmness. I am 16 years old and I have been undergoing serious stress ever since I was 14. I am sick and tired of this and I really want to move out. Both my parents know how miserable I feel and they are considering anything, since they told me that I can choose any school I want to go to next year. But still, that means that I am going to have to stay in my house, which like I said, I really hate. I cry anytime I have to come home from school and see my depressing house. It is ugly and I don't feel safe and confortable in it. I hate feeling this way. I know it may sound petty, but honestly, I lived in it for about a year and a half and i feel very inconfortable in here. if only i can live in a nicer house I wouldn\e be afraid to call it my "home."

So how can I move out? My mom want to move out too because she feels very unconfortable too and said that she is going to try and help me with moving out. But I am afraid that this plan does not work and I am going have to stay here for an even longer time. I really don't want this to happen because i don't want to feel depressed and miserable any longer. It's been 2 and a half years, I don't want to wait for another long time to find happiness.
Thank you...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Greenie Offline
ribbit
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Amy

Re: I hate where I live and want to move out!! - January 7th 2012, 12:18 PM

Hey there
Your situation sounds very similar to what mine did most of my life, until I was able to move out last year, and am now a lot happier. Firstly, make sure your parents are frequently reminded of your wish to move out, which is very difficult to organise by yourself at 16. (move out with your family, or by yourself)? It seems as if they're looking into it, so hopefully it can happen sooner rather than later for you. But while you're here, there are a few things you can do to try and make your present life more cheerful. I would reccomend to take up your mom's offer and go to the school that you would like to go to most. Join non-school related activities to meet people from other schools that share your interests, and consider moving to their schools whilst and ask them about it.

While you may hate your house, there are little things you can do to make t more bearable, such as decorating and gardening if possible. If you're able to, make and/or buy stuff to put in your room and give it as much character and cheeriness as you are able.

As for stress-related issues, I suggest seeing your school counsellor and seeing your doctor to refer you to a therapist who can give you better coping strategies and work through difficulties with you. Also when stress and difficulties are impacting on your schoolwork, let your teachers know so they can be more lenient and/or understanding of your situation and help you with work.

I know how much feeling like you don't belong in a certain place along with other stress in your life is horrible, so feel free to message me any time. Just try and make the most of the little parts that aren't so bad and reach out to those who care about you, whilst looking forward to the future when these stresses will be greatly lessened.

Be like the turtle;
at ease in your own shell.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I hate where I live and want to move out!! - January 8th 2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticturtle View Post
Hey there
Your situation sounds very similar to what mine did most of my life, until I was able to move out last year, and am now a lot happier. Firstly, make sure your parents are frequently reminded of your wish to move out, which is very difficult to organise by yourself at 16. (move out with your family, or by yourself)? It seems as if they're looking into it, so hopefully it can happen sooner rather than later for you. But while you're here, there are a few things you can do to try and make your present life more cheerful. I would reccomend to take up your mom's offer and go to the school that you would like to go to most. Join non-school related activities to meet people from other schools that share your interests, and consider moving to their schools whilst and ask them about it.

While you may hate your house, there are little things you can do to make t more bearable, such as decorating and gardening if possible. If you're able to, make and/or buy stuff to put in your room and give it as much character and cheeriness as you are able.

As for stress-related issues, I suggest seeing your school counsellor and seeing your doctor to refer you to a therapist who can give you better coping strategies and work through difficulties with you. Also when stress and difficulties are impacting on your schoolwork, let your teachers know so they can be more lenient and/or understanding of your situation and help you with work.

I know how much feeling like you don't belong in a certain place along with other stress in your life is horrible, so feel free to message me any time. Just try and make the most of the little parts that aren't so bad and reach out to those who care about you, whilst looking forward to the future when these stresses will be greatly lessened.
Thank you, I will consider everything you just told me...

Closed Thread