TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cuttergirl17 Offline
Average Joe

Name: No one

Exclamation Someone take my misery away - January 9th 2012, 01:50 AM

I'm living day by day feeling nothing but sadness and loneliness. The pain of cutting is the only emotion I can feel besides sadness and loninleness. I seriously want to die to end my misery

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ALittleLost Offline
Average Joe

Name: Maddie

Re: Someone take my misery away - January 9th 2012, 02:06 PM

Awww hun, please don't do that.
I promise it'll get better.
What's wrong? Why do you feel so bad?
PM me if you meed to talk.

"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise"
-Les Miserables

"All these thoughts locked inside, now you're the the first to know"
-"It ends tonight" All-American Rejects

"You built up a world of magic, because you're real life is tragic"
-"Brick by Boring Brick" Paramore

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Someone take my misery away - January 9th 2012, 04:41 PM

Hey there, Amanda,

First of all, I'm so sorry you feel like this. Having to resort to cutting as the only form of emotion you have is something nobody deserves, and something, of course, which can change. I want you to know that other people have been where you are. I also want you to know that people have been there and gotten their lives back to a good way of living, and gotten back to every day life with other, more pleasant, emotions. I know right now it feels bad, and you feel like there's no way out other than to die, but there are other ways, and you can get through this.

Cutting can become an addiction, and it seems that you're already struggling to find other things that can make you feel something at all. This site has a brilliant thread which offers a list of alternatives to self harm. I'm gonna' post you a link here, and I think it would be a great idea for you to have a look through and try some of these distractions. Not all of them will work though, and every person is different, so what may work for one person may not necessarily work for you. That doesn't mean all of them will be unsuccessful though, so keep trying until you find a few that work. They really are worth trying to use, because cutting isn't a good way to deal with your emotions. It's addictive and it gets worse, so really try to find something better than that. Click here for the thread.

As well as this, I think if you look here you may be able to find some things that just get you through the day, hopefully with a different look on life in terms of the little things that we tend to ignore. A lot of what is on that list are things we sometimes miss, or take for granted, but honestly even those small things can make a bad day seem just a little bit more bearable.

I also really think that if you aren't already you should talk to someone about what you're feeling. To live life feeling nothing bad negative emotions is something I find terrible, and I really do wish there was an easy way to stop that. However, everything worth doing and achieving in life takes effort and hard work, and that is where telling someone comes in. You could start off by telling a parent, or a friend or sibling; someone like that. Then you could work your way up to actually getting some professional help if nothing is gained from that. Talking to a counsellor or somebody similar can really help people who feel a similar way to you. The key is to not give up, even when things seem hard. It is going to be a struggle to get to where you want to be, and none of this will come with a click of the fingers. You need to work for it, and try to feel better. I have no doubts that you will as you're already reaching out to us here on TeenHelp, you just need to branch out further, and ask some more people. Surround yourself with people who can support you and do something about these feelings you have.

I hope this has helped you a bit. Remember TeenHelp is always here to support you, and if you ever need to ask anything else I'm just a PM away. Keep your head held high. This is going to be hard, but you can do it. There's no reason why you can't come out of this stronger, wiser and healthy again. I believe in you, now it's time to believe in yourself and do something to help yourself.

Chin up,
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

Closed Thread