TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
GivingUp Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Urgh.. - January 10th 2012, 10:36 PM

Hey, i'm 16 and i get random bouts of depression.

Having one now, my mum suffers from clinical depression so i assume thats where i get it.

Anyway, i feel like sh*t right now, i left school with 3 gcse's and i'm going nowhere, i have anxiety and the few friends i have are two faced and just mock me all the time, i have recently met a girl online and all they do is laugh and call me sad.

I actually feel like i have had enough, if everyone is two faced then how am i supposed to make a TRUE friend.

I never tell anyone how i feel as i have very little confidence so i have turned to the internet for advice.

I have a best friend but all he does is belittle me and make me feel small, he comments on everything i do and sometimes it really gets to me...

I have no talent at anything, i'm not exaggerating either, i am cr*p at everything...

I had a very traumatic childhood, including watching my mother attempt suicide when i was 11, and my dad walking out when i was very young, i believe this has an effect on my general attitude.

I have also had many experiences with bullying, too many to remember.

I am ugly and pathetic.

I have attempted suicide once, a year ago and obviously.. I failed.

I feel like an idiot writing this but anyway, please help..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Charlai Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Urgh.. - January 10th 2012, 10:51 PM

dude that "best friend" is not a best friend, friends don't do that; they make you feel better when you're down and tell you when you're wrong and use discretion when they are going to say something especially if they know you tend to be depressed. Trust me there's something you're good at, I thought I was a sucker and I started to draw and make stuff and now I'm good at it and whenever I feel sad and depressed I make things and draw I mean sometimes it makes me feel more sad and depressed but atleast it's not bottled up inside. I totally understand how you feel, ugly is something I look at everyday: I have pimples and whiteheads, I have four or five different skin tones and I'm a bit overweight. It's hard to say I'm beautiful everyday but when i can I do and i stopped looking at what I am on the outside and looked at what's on the inside.

Closed Thread