TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
livetoplaylive Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jordan

I'm Such A Failure... - January 12th 2012, 04:15 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Okay,

So I'm 19, I don't have a driving licence or a car. I'm unemployed and go to university. Yet I feel like the biggest screw-up you will ever meet.

During my teens I had a few sexual experiences but with people I'm not really friends with anymore...last year I lost my virginity and then a few months ago got completely smashed and had sex with some random girl i met in the pub. I also sent a couple of people photos of me and tbh one person i shouldnt have...

I should probably point out that my entire family is religious so from that standpoint i feel like an absolute failure seeing a bunch of people who have not screwed up anyway near as much as I have. Also, my dad died 2 1/2 years ago from cancer and in all honesty it's never been spoken about. me, my mum and 2 sisters constantly argue and rarely get on and i spend most of my time shut away in my room or with my girlfriend.

my girlfriend has been great, she's been a good friend for a few years and about 6 months ago we both found out we like each other...she knows about most of my past and says she okay with it because its not who i am now, but i feel like such a failure

I'm pretty paranoid swell and so panic about everything. like in all honest if any of the people id been with in the past said anything it could pretty much destroy my life i also get freaked out ill get arrested by the fuzz :/

i just feel like such a failure in every possible way and half the time wish there was an easy way out of it all, but i can't even bring myself to think of suiscide

(#2 (permalink)) Old
viemexis Offline
Owl of the Waste
Not a n00b

Name: Justin

Re: I'm Such A Failure... - January 12th 2012, 06:23 AM

You said your entire family is religious. Are you?

Sure, you have made mistakes, but God is willing, even eager to forgive you for them, and he wouldn't want you to carry around guilt from your past. Sounds like your current girlfriend forgives you already. Try to think about the future, and how you would like to do things differently, and the person you want to become rather than the person you were. You can't change the past, but your past doesn't have to define you, either.

Send a message via AIM to viemexis Send a message via MSN to viemexis Send a message via Yahoo to viemexis  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Krista

Re: I'm Such A Failure... - January 13th 2012, 05:42 PM

Just because your family is religious doesn't mean you have to be. And If you are in college, you most definitely are not a screw up. <3
Everyone makes mistakes. It happens.
  Send a message via MSN to Colors Leave Me Blind Send a message via Skype™ to Colors Leave Me Blind 
Closed Thread