TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
theboywhocried Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

No one cares and why should they? - January 12th 2012, 12:20 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

It seems like no one cares about me. I have tried to kill myself so many times and all my parents do is have me locked away in a mental hospital. I told them that i wouldn't get better and they know its true but they just don't want to deal with me. I don't blame them though. Why should someone care about me anyway? I am just one person so it doesn't matter if i die. In fact i would be doing everyone a favor if i just die. Then they wouldn't have to deal with me anymore

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: No one cares and why should they? - January 12th 2012, 02:48 PM

I'm really sorry you feel this way. But people do care about you. There is always someone who cares about you, even if they're someone at school who you only pass in the corridor. Someone who notices you while you're out. And much more likely, there will be people closer to you who care about you.

I think you need to talk to your parents and explain how you feel. Getting better from something like this is something that a) you need to work at and b) you need support for. Them putting you in a mental hospital sounds like they want you to get help and get better, so maybe if you talk to them you can work out more ways for them to support you?

And, I'd like you to remember, that all of us on TH care about you. I've never met you, but after reading this thread, I care about you and I care whether or not you live or die. If you need any support, feel free to PM me or leave me a VM.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Krista

Re: No one cares and why should they? - January 12th 2012, 08:47 PM

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. And I'm sorry you feel so bad right now. Your parents are locking you up in a psych ward because they care about you. they'd like to see you get better. at least try for them. They want to best for you. I know you may want to die at the moment, but it won't always be this way. Things get better and they also change. Please hang in there. <3 I'm here if you need me.
  Send a message via MSN to Colors Leave Me Blind Send a message via Skype™ to Colors Leave Me Blind 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
♔ Queen of Ambivalence ♔
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: No one cares and why should they? - January 13th 2012, 02:10 AM

I'm sorry you're struggling right now. I've been suicidal before so I know how hopeless it can feel. It can get better. I know, what a cliché, right? It's true though. I don't know you or what's going on in your life to make you feel this way but I'd urge you to take your control back of your life. If there are things that are making you unhappy try to think of a way to make the situation better. Don't lose hope.

As for your parents maybe they're scared for you. They might not know what to do so they resort to putting you in a hospital.

♥ PM me anytime, I'm here for you ♥

Out of the ashes I'm burning like a fire. You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar. I've got shame, I've got scars that I will never show. I'm a survivor in more ways than you know. 'Cause all the pain and the truth, I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed, so confused, I was broken and bruised. Now I'm a warrior.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
cuttergirl17 Offline
Average Joe

Name: No one

Re: No one cares and why should they? - January 16th 2012, 06:08 PM

Well I care about u now, and theirs many people that will care about u in the future. I no how much u will hate going to he mental hospital again and again and that it might not help but I think ur parents just don't no what to do to help and they think they are helping by doing this.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
FlowerInTheRain Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: No one cares and why should they? - January 16th 2012, 06:56 PM

Hey love. Your not the only one going through this.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lucas

Re: No one cares and why should they? - January 30th 2012, 04:18 AM

There are always people who care. It can be hard, but sometimes you need to wait for the right people to come along and help you out.
Keep on fighting, don't ever give in.

Closed Thread