TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rjlee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Confused??? - January 15th 2012, 05:28 AM

I have no reason to hate my life. I love my friends, my family is great, and I do decently well in school. Why is it that I lack any love for myself? I always feel so worthless, tired, drained... I put on a smile every day so that I don't hurt anybody, but I'm left with the question of why I'm hurting in the first place. Nothing is fun anymore. The things my friends and I used to do together and have a great time just bore me now, and make me wish I was back home in bed... I always feel crazy tired but I can never manage to sleep for more than an hour at a time. This self-loathing for no apparent reason drives me to the point where I accidentally tune out the people near me. I feel like I'm dying on the inside, but if you asked my parents and/or friends they would tell you I've been acting "normal." I don't want to tell my parents that I'm "depressed" because I know they wouldn't take me seriously, and I would rather not tell my friends because they would either think I was kidding or tell me to quit complaining. What should I do here???

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Damaged Demon Offline
Loving it <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Meghan King

Re: Confused??? - January 15th 2012, 10:42 AM

well it would properly be health to speak to a school nurse, or doctor.
But you really should tell your parents, because they can get you the help require.

Everything happens for a reason, even if we may never know what that reason is

When your dreaming with a broken heart, The waking up is the hardest part </3
  Send a message via Skype™ to Damaged Demon 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Krista

Re: Confused??? - January 15th 2012, 02:27 PM

Well, with things like depression, you don't have to have a reason for feeling some way. And maybe you should try and change things up with your friends for a start. Like you said you do the same things, so maybe ask to do something different and see if maybe then you have some fun. If not, I would definitely talk to your parents. It could help, you never know. If you ever need someone to talk to, just shoot me a PM. stay safe.

Live Help Operator

If anyone needs anything, feel free to PM me. (:
  Send a message via MSN to Colors Leave Me Blind Send a message via Skype™ to Colors Leave Me Blind 
Closed Thread