TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Logan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Logan

Im not sure what i need - January 20th 2012, 04:08 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have depression pretty bad and its getting alot worse, and my friends dont realy get it, they try and be their but dont know how to help me. I honstly dont know what i want them to do but im frustraited and mad and sad and lonely. It sucks. If you dont know my background and feel like reading about it it may help if you want to take the time.(http://www.teenhelp.org/search/?searchid=1853410) thanks for reading, please give me some suggestions.

-Logan

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Shawn K. Offline
SoCali Baller
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shawn

Re: Im not sure what i need - January 20th 2012, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I have depression pretty bad and its getting alot worse, and my friends dont realy get it, they try and be their but dont know how to help me. I honstly dont know what i want them to do but im frustraited and mad and sad and lonely. It sucks. If you dont know my background and feel like reading about it it may help if you want to take the time.(http://www.teenhelp.org/search/?searchid=1853410) thanks for reading, please give me some suggestions.

-Logan

Hey Logan. Sorry to hear you're up against it right now. The link above doesn't seem to work. I checked your list of posts but thats kinda hard to figure out which is which. Can you repost the link, or VM or PM me what you want to talk about, I'd be glad to talk.

15 Straight - Loving Life - Love meeting new peeps - Want to help if I can

Girl: "My doctor says I can't have sex for a while."
Boy: "What does your dentist say?"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Shawn K.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Soccerchick18 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Im not sure what i need - January 27th 2012, 05:27 AM

Sorry to hear I understand what you mean with the friends not understanding, and the frustration. Pm if you want to talk

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Im not sure what i need - January 27th 2012, 10:24 AM

I've been in the same kind of situation for a while, and I'm really sorry you have to deal with the same. After a while I've started to think that even though friends care, they can't truly understand something like depression unless they live with it. I'm not saying to give up on talking to your friends, but if they don't seem to know what to say or do, then you might want to see if you can find other people that might feel the same way and try talking to them. If not, all of us on TeenHelp are here for you. You can PM me anytime you want to talk.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Krista

Re: Im not sure what i need - January 27th 2012, 05:31 PM

Hi Logan,
I'm sorry your depression seems to be getting worse. You want to know the good thing about this situation though? Your friends are trying to help you. They WANT to help you. It's hard when you don't know what you want them to do, but you have to give it to them for trying at least. Here's what I suggest. Just ask you friends for them to be there for you when you need someone to talk to. And otherwise, just do the things you normally do with them like hanging out and such. And then in the meanwhile, you go to the doctor, try and get some of the depression stuff with medication, if you want. I know it helps me a lot. and it helps many other people. You have to try and help yourself before anyone else can help you.
And lastly, if you need anyone to talk to, feel free to PM me at anytime. I'll always be there for you. <3
Stay strong, take care, and most importantly, STAY SAFE! (<3

Live Help Operator

If anyone needs anything, feel free to PM me. (:
  Send a message via MSN to Colors Leave Me Blind Send a message via Skype™ to Colors Leave Me Blind 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
cuttergirl17 Offline
Average Joe

Name: No one

Re: Im not sure what i need - January 27th 2012, 06:24 PM

Idk if it will help u but what helps me is talking to others so feel free to pm me about anything, I'm here to help

Closed Thread