TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cherryberry14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

My mum who just doesn't get it - January 25th 2012, 04:34 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I live with my 36 years old mum, 8 years old sister and 2 cats. My. Mum works as a driving instructor mostly and an interpreter that works after dropping us off at school and finishes at around 10:30pm ish. Meanwhile I'm at home cooking tea and supper and looking after my sister and trying to get homework done as well. My mum cheated on my dad and celebrated my 8th birthday early to go out with the guy then blamed him for it. She has had 6 partners since then mostly for money and becoming more irresponsible. My sister is no better, I've just finished washing up all the dishes and she's calling me lazy for not knowing about laundry on the bed. She's mummy's favourite and still acts literally like a baby(mum encourages her too) which is annoying. She gets tucked in every night, gets hugs and kisses and a good night before bed but my mum hasn't done any of that to me for about a year. I wake them up for school but my sister just goes to mum who doesnt care if im late and lets her go back to bed. Now she is in another relationship including money, she comes back at around 3 in the morning or even not at all. She calls me selfish and when the cats poop she tries to give them away. They r all thats keeping me from running at the moment. I Tried talkin 2 her+friends but they don't understand. I don't like who she's with, she doesn't deserve him either, he makes me uncomfy and when I try to bond with mum like going out he always comes with us. Like on x-mas eve mum went clubbing with him and her friend and slept at his ,so I woke up on x-mas, rushed to wake her up but I found nobody. She even invited him to spend x-mas. I just want a normal life where mum treats us nice. She only talks to me wen she needs stuff done. I understand she's tired and works for us but I don't want materialistic things, I'd trade it all just for a hug and a good morning and good night

Last edited by Cherryberry14; January 25th 2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Got another reason

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Re: My mum who just doesn't get it - January 25th 2012, 10:11 PM

The best thing to do is to sit her down and talk through and explain how what she does makes you feel and how you feel generally.

If you can't say it in person then write a letter and leave it on her bed or another place she will find it.

You have to open up fully. For one thing getting it off your chest like you have on here will help alot.

I hope this has helped and if not or if you want anymore advice do let me know via visiter or private message.

All the best X

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  Send a message via MSN to Liz94  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Krista

Re: My mum who just doesn't get it - January 26th 2012, 07:05 PM

First off, honey, there is no such thing as a normal life anymore. I can guarantee you that much. If there is a normal life, then one person would have to define the normal. So, a normal life is out of the question. But a life you can handle isn't. How old are you? Can you move out anytime soon? leave your mom in a position to HAVE to take care of your sister? Tell your mom that you are sick of doing it all. and I don't know where exactly you live, but is emancipation an option? Can you get a job and get yourself out of her care?
Those are all options for you and if you want some more message me. Because I understand. When I lived with my mom I had to do the same thing for my 2 siblings and 2 kittens. <3 Take care hun. I'm here for you.

Live Help Operator

If anyone needs anything, feel free to PM me. (:
  Send a message via MSN to Colors Leave Me Blind Send a message via Skype™ to Colors Leave Me Blind 
Closed Thread