TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skatergirl Offline
Skater for life
Average Joe

Need help/A friend - January 25th 2012, 08:44 PM

I am so depressed all the time. I cry just about everyday. The one friend that I could text, and had a great connection with, has been acting like a jerk for the past months to me. I have been putting up with it because I had no one else to talk to, but now it has run me so far into the ground that I don't know how I will ever get back up.
I get out a couple days a week to play hockey, and I have been friendly to anyone who will even look at me. I wear a smile on my face while I'm out, why can't I seem to make any friends? I NEED someone to talk to everyday, because I don't have internet, and I live way out of town, so I am pretty much cut off from everything. Not even a TV.
I read books sometimes, but I get so bored, and SO lonely.
Sometimes when I cry my chest hurts so much. I know it's not healthy, but I can't help it.
Please someone help me. I am at the end of my rope.
What should I do to make a friend?
Is coming up to someone and asking to be friends too blunt? I am pretty much at the point where I don't care how embarassing that is to do.
How do you let someone know you want to hang out sometime, or want to be friends, without being so blunt?

I try my best to help, but that doesn't always mean I will be helpful.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Need help/A friend - January 25th 2012, 08:53 PM

Well, you have to connect with people based on common interests for a friendship. For example, people you play hockey with like hockey. But you could try to talk to them more, find out if you like any common music, TV shows, etc.

As a socially awkward person, I can't tell you a whole lot, except that the friends I have, I met because we had something in common.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Need help/A friend - January 25th 2012, 11:38 PM

Sweetheart im so sorry=( First of all, if you want a new friend, i'll gladly be your friend. I know you said you don't have internet most of the time but if you ever need someone to talk to WHEN you are on, feel free to message me. I would be happy to talk=) I get lonely too=( I don't have many friends ether. I spend a lot of time at home when i'm not in school and most of that time is spent online. Many of my friends though can't be on as much as me so it makes things difficult. So im usually always around=) Back to what you were saying though. The poster above me is right, a lot of the time, people become friends when they have something in common like they both like a certain TV show or sport or what. A good way to meet people is outside activities like special classes or sports. I would do one of those if you can find one you like. Making friends IS hard. It takes a lot of time. I personally have never been brave enough to go up and ask someone to be my friend. I am more of a "yo come to me first" person. I have to say though, most of my friends I gained through writing to them. I'm a BIG note passer at school. Its how I met most of my friends. I'll pass notes with pretty much anyone. Thats how I met my best friend=) I pass notes because since im kinda shy, its easier for me to talk through typing or writing than orally. Im sorry though about your friend right now=( If she's treating you bad though, its not worth it. I would stop talking to her. She should NEVER, EVER make you feel bad. Thats not okay. You deserve better than that.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Emily

Re: Need help/A friend - January 26th 2012, 02:56 AM

I'll be your friend. Whats your phone number I'll text you everyday. I am pretty much in the same boat you are.
  Send a message via Skype™ to ReasonsForRecovery 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Need help/A friend - January 26th 2012, 03:47 AM

I don't know if giving out phone numbers is the best idea guys.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Krista

Re: Need help/A friend - January 26th 2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouseprincess View Post
I don't know if giving out phone numbers is the best idea guys.
Word to that, at least until you know them a bit better.

I'm really sorry you are having trouble making friend. I do too. Maybe just find people that have similar interests as you and just start talking to them and maybe eventually a friendship will grow. But you have to put into the friendship too, as does the other person.
Good luck and I hope you make some friends soon. <3 I'm here if you need an internet buddy. (:

Live Help Operator

If anyone needs anything, feel free to PM me. (:
  Send a message via MSN to Colors Leave Me Blind Send a message via Skype™ to Colors Leave Me Blind 
Closed Thread