TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
She.Smiles Offline
Butterfly, Fly.
Average Joe

Name: Kori

Unhappy Can't seem to be happy. - January 30th 2012, 02:51 AM

I've had a depression issue since my Freshman year now, and I am a senior now. This year I have went to a counselor, and I have opened up about it to my art teacher and my school guidance counselor. Well, The counselor visits were not going well, We weren't talking about what I needed to, and when I tried to, it just didn't work. I told my mom it wasn't helping, so she canceled it. Mom doesn't understand what this depression is doing to me. I can't seem to go a day being just okay. I get depressed, and then I think about suicide. I want to cut. I just don't want to be here. It's the worst feeling in the world feeling like this day after day. The art teacher is helping me by going walking every morning before school for 2 days a week; but what can I do? I have a card for a different counselor, but when I gave it to my mother, she just sighed.

Join my Hope Is Real page.
https://twitter.com/HopeIsRealxX
There is hope. Remember that. This page is to share your stories of hope or share your stories of struggle and let others give you hope. Get advice, comfort, or just be inspired

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Can't seem to be happy. - January 30th 2012, 02:57 AM

I would definately keep talking to your art teacher, going on those walks seems to be helping some. I also would suggest that you give that new councilor a shot. Sometimes it takes seeing 2-3 or more coucilors, etc till you find the 1 that works for you. Don't give up, you can get through this. If you ever need some1 to talk to feel free to pm me I'll be more then happy too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
She.Smiles Offline
Butterfly, Fly.
Average Joe

Name: Kori

Re: Can't seem to be happy. - January 30th 2012, 03:01 AM

I've only gone walking once, and right now I don't feel like continuing. but I know it will help, and I will continue. My mom had to sign for a counselor for me, and she just doesn't seem to believe something is wrong with me. I try to talk to her about it, and she just I dunno.
:/

Join my Hope Is Real page.
https://twitter.com/HopeIsRealxX
There is hope. Remember that. This page is to share your stories of hope or share your stories of struggle and let others give you hope. Get advice, comfort, or just be inspired

Closed Thread