TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Viky Offline
Average Joe

Name: Victoira

Unhappy Let's try this... - January 30th 2012, 03:36 AM

The title is just because every time i go to type something like this i back track and wont say anything because i'm so used to keeping it all bottled up.
either way i'll try to make this short. i need help... i can't do this by myself anymore and i don't have the personal help from friends that i need. my sister told me if i wanted i should try anti-depressants...it sounds like a fair idea but i don't know what to do. I can't talk to my family... what the hell am i suppose to do when i'm falling apart daily? I can't stop SHing... I can't seem to do anything right but cry and act like everything's okay (obviously not at the same time) i don't know what to do. Help me...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Let's try this... - January 30th 2012, 03:44 AM

Hey Vicky!

I understand how hard it is to get through day to day life and all. You mentioned that you're having a hard time stopping your SH habit. I suggest you go here and check out the alternatives to SH'ing. You can also use the forums here as you have, HelpLINK, LiveHelp and the chat room if you ever need any1 to talk too. Also if you would like feel free to PM/VM me anytime you want to talk. Stay strong hun. <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Viky Offline
Average Joe

Name: Victoira

Re: Let's try this... - January 30th 2012, 03:55 AM

Thanks... I have a whole bucket of stuff that I try when i feel the urge to SH but when i do my mind gets blurry and I can't think to prevent it. I get so overwhelmed...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Soccerchick18 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Let's try this... - January 30th 2012, 06:04 AM

I'm sorry to hear that your going thru this. I can relate to what your feeling. Pm if you need someone to talk to

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: Let's try this... - January 30th 2012, 12:10 PM

Hey Victoria
I am sorry that you're going through a bad time.
But what is awesome is that you have finally taken a step and opened up a bit about your problems! I know how difficult it can be to keep everything bottled up and deal with things on your own. It is a very unhealthy habit and you everything might just burst out one day that too in a very unhealthy manner.
Have you tried writing in a journal to let out things? If you are uncomfortable telling others about it, maybe you'll feel more comfortable doing this. It is good to let out things once in a while.
As for SH, try the alternatives. You have to try a number of them to find one that works for you. Prepare your mind a bit beforehand when you are feeling alright that you have to try the alternatives when you have SH urges again. It might help. Make a decision that you HAVE to try and stop. Once you decide to give stopping a chance, you'll soon be able to stop.
And as for getting help, check out this thread.
If you need to talk, I am always here for you
Stay strong <3

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Let's try this... - January 30th 2012, 12:47 PM

Hey there. Firstly it's really good that you have come to us and that you're asking for our help. I really believe that its a positive step in the right direction. It's really hard beat urges to self harm but you can beat them. Ultimately you're the one in control com you're the only one who can stop yourself from self harming. I know that's hard and it's not going to be easy but you don't need self harm. In reality it's not going to make anything better because it's not going to solve the underlying issues causing you to want to hurt yourself. Anti-depressents do help some people and it could be something worth trying. You would need to see a doctor or a psychiatrist to be prescribed them but either way i'd advise you to go into therapy too so that you can work through the underlying issues and find a way to deal with the self harm. If this is a on going thing them i'd definately suggest you talking to your doctor about therapy and possibly medication. You can always talk to helplines, us here at teenhelp, family, a teacher or a school nurse/councelor. People can be there for you but you have to let them in. Sometimes just talking and ranting can really help us. I hope this helps. Look after yourself. Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread