TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ashley

Unhappy All Down Hill From Here... - February 4th 2012, 05:21 AM

My mom is talking about moving out and I'd have to go along with her, while my step sister stays with my step dad. The only person my step sister has is me. She is the only reason why I haven't tried to kill myself. If we are forced to separate then I'll probably go through.

My mom knows how close my step sister and I are (today is her 8th birthday) but I can't tell my mom about the suicide because my mom is depressed and always feels that she is a bad mom when she is a great mom, but she has attempted suicide before also, so I don't want her to try to kill herself either....

If I am sperated from my sister. There are two things that will happen. My mom commits suicide and then I would become the parental role model for two more kids, and I'd be depressed for a long time. Or I commit suicide since I can't be with my step sister anyways, then my mom gets depressed and may do the same....

I know this is negative. But in reality this is what would happen in this situation if we moved and my stepdad and sister stayed....

I've been suicidal for awhile again but used my step sister as a reason to stay alive, and it takes a lot of energy to try to act positive. I wanted help for myself, and I tried. But the truth is, I'm not the only one who needs it in my house! No one else will get the help.

My best friend and I aren't talking, well I'm not talking to him, because he began to drink a lot again.... So I can't go to him for help...

I'm sooooo alone! I just want everything to end that is negative. Why is it so hard to be happy for me?

I want to just get it done and over with. I'm tired of everyone's shit being on my shoulders along with ALL of mine! I can't do it all! I'm 17 for Christ sake! I should be having fun not feeling like shit! Sometimes I just piss myself off (then I get depressed, then pissed, then depressed) see the pattern? I've came to the conclusion that I completely hate myself.... And due to the lack of effort from my family and few friends they feel the same way.

I don't want a pity party or anything if it seems that way.... I just want another reason (for myself isn't a good reason when I hate myself) to live.... Any ideas?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: All Down Hill From Here... - February 4th 2012, 05:52 AM

I think part of the reason why you can't be happy for yourself or anything is because you aren't letting yourself feel happiness. Yes, all this terrible stuff has happened to you. But thats all you're looking at. And when thats all you are looking at, you're gonna feel depressed and real negative. You gotta try your hardest to look for the good in stuff. If you just assume that bad things will happen no matter what, you're not gonna get better. You also won't get better if you don't talk to someone about what you are feeling. I think eventually your mom has to know since she;s your parent but if you don't want her knowing right away, what if you told your step dad? You could also potentially tell your school counceler or a teacher if your school doesn't have a counceler. You have to do something. If you leave things the way they are now, they won't be good. I would also let your mom know you can't be apart from your step sister. Couldn't you guys live nearby? If that doesn't go through, maybe you should ask to live with your step sister and step dad? That may hurt your moms feelings though=( I don't know, its a complicated situation but I think you need to talk it out with your mom.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: All Down Hill From Here... - February 5th 2012, 02:46 AM

My mom is moving out tonight. My step dad is practically like my dad.. Mow I have to choose which one to go with.and I can't... I just can't do this shit anymore!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: All Down Hill From Here... - February 5th 2012, 02:56 AM

How far away? If its not far, go with mom. If it is far, stay with your step dad for a little bit and see how things go.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: All Down Hill From Here... - February 5th 2012, 03:15 AM

I told my mom either I stay here with both of them or go live where ever I ant and not see either of the. She got pissed that I am making everything about me but said she'd stay and sleep on it. I am depressed as it is, this being added on is making it worse. My mom knows how depressed I am, not that I am suicidal though. I'm not planning on telling her. I'm going to keep talking on here until therapy and tell my therapist.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: All Down Hill From Here... - February 5th 2012, 04:33 AM

What are you gonna do tomorrow though? After she's slept on it?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: All Down Hill From Here... - February 5th 2012, 06:47 PM

Her and my step dad have been fighting all day. If I can't live with both of them then I'm moving to my cousin's, it was his idea and my aunt wants me to. It's hard explaining it to my siblings..... I don't know what will happen with them...

(#8 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: All Down Hill From Here... - February 5th 2012, 07:13 PM

They will be okay hun. I know they will. And you'll still get to see them whenever you want probably.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: All Down Hill From Here... - February 5th 2012, 11:33 PM

I hope soo

(#10 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: All Down Hill From Here... - February 6th 2012, 01:30 AM

I know so, don't worry=)

(#11 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: All Down Hill From Here... - February 10th 2012, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepatmtiffany View Post
I played out football from the age of eight yr old until years twenty and continued throughout bodybuilding even today at the age of 45.Even even if I search younger as opposed to my years and the younger guys technique me continuously to engage in rugby and also sandlot basketball my hips and sides just will be able to? t require the physical or mental abuse anymore.If you can be like me and you also still need to stay linked to sports a sensible way to do it will be though physical activities collectibles and even memorabilia.

I under no circumstances thought A totally free get involved with it but there exists so considerably available there's literally something in every case regardless of what sport you would like.Sports trophies collecting may also help fill your time and effort with a satisfying hobby and supply you with a diversion through the hassles involving life.

Sports gathering can manage from gathering up football jerseys and also collecting beautiful photos for scrapbooks for you to collecting just about every possible item you will discover about the specific sport, crew, or player you would like.It will be fun to set up display occurrences with jerseys, helmets, and online game balls as well as pictures via particular happenings.There are generally some accessories which you can buy that will help you with demonstrating your activities collectibles at the same time.

Another all to easy to start antique hobby can be by getting involved in collecting pins.Almost most sports provide you with collectible pins from the teams and are generally actually the most popular segments with the sports classic market right now.Other trendy pins are people who commemorate specified events similar to the Olympics.Amassing antique sports activities equipment, including vintage skiing gloves along with bats is a heated item.

Collecting sporting events cards including baseball cards holds hot when ever obviously and in the past these greeting cards which started in the form of hobby for most when these folks were kids at this moment bringing throughout huge chunks of money to your owners.Rare credit cards like people of Girl Ruth and / or Willie Mays attract unbelievable price tags.

NASCAR is actually another area that may be super hot at this moment.You will find replica cars, leather leather coats, helmets, and many others.My dad is really a huge Rob Gordon fan there are just about everything in existence along with his name or maybe picture into it.If you're into NASCAR check on this part of sports relics, you will discover an device for regardless of what racer you want.

A few other sports debt collectors keep things that relate in their individual leisurely sport for instance fishing or maybe golf.There are generally categories that focus on everyone so you're likely to get your specific niche market.
Uh...What does this have to do with her family problems?

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: All Down Hill From Here... - February 11th 2012, 02:27 AM

It wasn't a real account... :/

(#13 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: All Down Hill From Here... - February 11th 2012, 04:11 AM

I know, I reported it and asked them to cancel their account.

Closed Thread