TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Unhappy I'm really stupid. :( - February 11th 2012, 11:41 PM

I haven't made a thread about this before, but I'm just a really stupid person. I'm not going to get anywhere in life. I have emotional intelligence and I get good enough grades when I work, and that is where all my intelligence stops. It takes me ages to catch on to stuff that people are talking about. I get lost very easily, even on the way to places I've been before. I have absolutely not one ounce of common sense. I read train timetables wrong. I'm the really ditzy kind of stupid that everyone hates. People get impatient with me because I'm so fucking slow.

How am i going to get anywhere in life.

I would so, so so much prefer to get shit grades and have terrible spelling if I knew how to cope with everyday life.

This gets me down every so often but it's starting to really wreck my life. what am i going to do. :/ is there some kind of medication that can make you intelligent??

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hollifire Offline
Smile; you're beautiful.
I've been here a while

Name: Holly

Re: I'm really stupid. :( - February 11th 2012, 11:53 PM

Can I just tell you that you're amazing? You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. No one, not one single person in this world is perfect. What you consider your flaws, other people find cute and intriguing.

I know it's difficult & frustrating to try to accept who you are, but sweetheart, don't call yourself stupid. Okay sure, you may not catch on to things quickly, or forget stuff, but that no way means you're unintelligent. You need to look in the mirror every day & realize exactly what you have to offer. You WILL go far in life. You WILL succeed at numerous things. You WILL be happy. You just have to keep reminding yourself of that.

You're beautiful on the inside & the out. You're an incredible person. Let that side of you shine. Do not ever let anyone make you feel bad about who you are, especially yourself. <3

PM VM

x See the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I'm really stupid. :( - February 12th 2012, 12:01 AM

Do you have concentration issues or anything? There are medications that can affect your ability to think, like adderall (a very low dose could probably make a big difference). I don't know if that is your problem or not, though. In general, getting enough sleep, exercise, etc. will help you mentally more than any drug will.

I read train timetables and other things wrong too. The most practical advice I can give you is to keep a small notebook in your purse or something and to write things down. You can also get better at reading maps if you practice it. Find what works for you and exploit it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: I'm really stupid. :( - February 12th 2012, 12:07 AM

Thanks guys. I jsut feel so completely useless. I don't think this will ever change. i do have terrible concentration issues but I'm not sure if a doctor would tell me I'm imagining things. I was in a relationship two years ago where my ex used to constantly point out to me all the ways that I was stupid which doesn't really help. I just feel like I constantly have to hide from people how thick I am. I really hate the idea of people thinking i's cute or referring to me as 'the slow one' or something. just hate myself.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DarkKristi Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kristina

Re: I'm really stupid. :( - February 12th 2012, 01:31 AM

Don't let this depress you. I have very low common sense and sometimes I forget things as soon as I hear it. Sometimes I would try to drive and forget my e brakes are on, but these small things are what makes me me.

My friends would also jokingly point out that I have no common sense or that I'm just stupid, but I always view myself as being unique. Who wants to be like everyone else? Being unique is what get's everyone's attention. You bring color to your friend/family's life.

"While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die."
-Leonardo Da Vinci

"How many times can i say i'm not sorry? And how many ways can i show i don't care?"
- Type O Negative

"I know, i'll die that night. And i won't be brought back to life. i know."
- AFI

"Giving up is really about honoring your feelings. It's about giving up trying to force yourself into a mold of societal shoulds and embracing your true self."
- Dan DeVille

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: I'm really stupid. :( - February 12th 2012, 05:04 AM

Everyone left really sweet comments on here=) Wanted to tell you hun, you aren't stupid. I'm sure you're very smart. I can be slow a lot, but that doesn't make me stupid. It was't right for your ex to constantly point out when you did things wrong. Like Holly said, nobodies perfect. We all make mistakes. You're amazing for being the person you are. You don't need to change. And someday, you are gonna find a guy who thinks just that. He will love you every moment for being the beautiful person you are. I bet your family and friends already feel that way, even if they haven't vocalized it. You will get far in life hun, you just need to believe in yourself. If you mess up, just find a way to laugh at yourself for it and move on. Everything will be okay=)

(#7 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: I'm really stupid. :( - February 12th 2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouseprincess View Post
And someday, you are gonna find a guy who thinks just that. He will love you every moment for being the beautiful person you are.
Well I have luckily, my boyfriend is amazing and he does make me feel better about it, but I really don't think my friends and family are the same. I don't really have a lot of friends at the moment, and out of the ones I do have there's some who I can tell are inwardly rolling their eyes at me, which hurts. And i do laugh at myself, I have for a long time, but after 21 years the joke isn't really funny any more and my stupidity makes me want to cry. I missed my friend's 21st last night because when I looked at the train times I was looking at the AM ones, and not the PM ones, which would have been grand if her party started at 9 in the morning, but she's normal so it wasn't. Granted I was in a little bit of a hurry looking at them but anyone with any common sense would have never done this. I felt so stupid and embarrassed about it and the sad thing is this isn't even unusual for me to do.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Lottie Offline
Retro TH'er- since 2007.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lottie

Re: I'm really stupid. :( - February 12th 2012, 06:55 PM

Mistakes happen, hun. Some times I find that if i'm in a rush then I make more mistakes. They key for me is to plan ahead and to allow extra time for silly things that I may have forgotten to do or that have popped up. You can do this usually by writing down a to-do list the night before you plan to do anything.

Don't let it bring you down ok? :Hug: If you're really struggling then go and see your GP they may be able to find something that can help you or if you are at uni/school/college then you can go to learning support. They're fantastic at helping with this sort of issue <3

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Hollifire Offline
Smile; you're beautiful.
I've been here a while

Name: Holly

Re: I'm really stupid. :( - February 12th 2012, 09:46 PM

Everyone makes mistakes, beautiful. If you're rushed then you'll make a lot more mistakes, I know I do all the time. You can't let it bring you down. If you're really upset with how things are going with your family and friends, talk to them about it. Let them know that the jokes are getting old & that it's really starting to effect you, and their actions are hurting you. Opening up will make you feel way better, even though it will be scary at the same time. Remember we're all here for you, always.

PM VM

x See the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets x

(#10 (permalink)) Old
jenjen4538 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm really stupid. :( - February 18th 2012, 08:56 PM

You are smart in your own ways... And ya know what, it's very hard for me sometimes too, i'm not the smartest when it comes to everyday stuff too. You WILL get somewhere in life with the grades and the smarts.. You are an amazing person because you realize your faults and your flaws.. and it's okay to have flaws.. We ALL have them. Don't let it get ya down. It's okay

Closed Thread