TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
abbiekadabbie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy How am i supposed to get help when no ones willing to help? - February 12th 2012, 11:40 PM

I basically yelled at my grandparents for my mom not doing anything. My mom never took me to a doctor about my depression even though i asked her repeatedly. My grandparents havent done anything either. I've told the people who are supposed to take care of me that there is something seriously wrong with me and yet they still do nothing. How am i supposed to get help if no one is willing to help me get it?
Ive had more and more suicide attempts and my cutting is getting worse and worse.
At school no one even notices that anything is even wrong. Beauty of long sleeves i guess. I feel like if i dont go see someone about all of this soon im go to blow my lid.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: How am i supposed to get help when no ones willing to help? - February 12th 2012, 11:53 PM

Hello,
Im very sorry no one has taken you to a doctor or someone. Thats really good that you want help. Do you think you could go to a school counselor, or a counselling center alone? They could get ahold of your parents, and then you could get help. I want to say 1 thing, even if it doesnt seem like it now but life does get better. If you ever need to talk PM me. <3 Hope this helped.

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: How am i supposed to get help when no ones willing to help? - February 13th 2012, 12:16 AM

Hi there. I'm really sorry that things aren't very good for you right now. I'm also sorry that you tried to reach out to people and it feels like they haven't really listened or tried to help you. I can understand that this must be upsetting and frustrating for you. I suggest that you try getting help yourself. I know that night be hard because it's always nice too have the support me your family but just because they aren't helping you doesn't mean that help isn't out there. You can always try talking to your school nurse or councelor or even try talking to your doctor. I know that night be scary but these people care about you and they're there to help people like yourself. We're here to support you as much as we can to. You're not alone in this. Hang in there. Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: How am i supposed to get help when no ones willing to help? - February 13th 2012, 02:12 AM

Hey,

It seems like you've told both your grandparents and your mother that you need help and they aren't getting it for. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.) If that's the case, you can go back to your school counselor and let them know that your legal guardians are refusing you the help that you really need to get and the counselor should have a back up plan, in order for you to get help! At least that's how it is where I'm from!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
abbiekadabbie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How am i supposed to get help when no ones willing to help? - February 13th 2012, 02:26 AM

thanks for the advice

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: How am i supposed to get help when no ones willing to help? - February 13th 2012, 04:05 AM

You didn't use the hotline numbers I gave you?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
abbiekadabbie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How am i supposed to get help when no ones willing to help? - February 13th 2012, 12:08 PM

I couldnt build up the courage to call

(#8 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: How am i supposed to get help when no ones willing to help? - February 14th 2012, 01:41 AM

You need to try hun. Right now from what you said, there is no other way for you to get help.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
abbiekadabbie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How am i supposed to get help when no ones willing to help? - February 14th 2012, 02:05 AM

I wrote a note that i plan on giving to my school counselor.

Closed Thread