TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kaukida Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brice Nevitt

Exclamation WHY GO ON? - February 14th 2012, 04:05 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

so why? i have nothin to live for. my dad is an abusive ass, and ive tried to tell people but he just lies. all my "so called friends" don't give a **** about what happens to me. my mom isnt around so i rarely ever see her. i dont have anything going for me. this world is a living ****hole and i see NO reason for going on. every girl ive dated cheated on me, and i just, i give up...im a screw up. ive had so much crap happen to me i dont think i can go any longer..any counter advice WORTH something?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: WHY GO ON? - February 14th 2012, 05:23 PM

Hey, I know things look tough right now but in time they will work themselves out. Just hold on until then. We're all here to help you if you ever need anyone to talk too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: WHY GO ON? - February 14th 2012, 05:27 PM

Hi Brice.
I see you're going through a hard time right now, and it's hard to look forward and see a way out. Is there anyone you can talk to about your feelings? A friend, family member, counselor? Suicide isn't the answer, you can have a good life if you make it good.
In the meantime, here is a list of reasons to live
Keep holding on, you can send me a message any time x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
kaukida Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brice Nevitt

Re: WHY GO ON? - February 14th 2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthenophobia. View Post
Hi Brice.
I see you're going through a hard time right now, and it's hard to look forward and see a way out. Is there anyone you can talk to about your feelings? A friend, family member, counselor? Suicide isn't the answer, you can have a good life if you make it good.
sadly no there isnt anyone i can talk to. i have trust issues. people have stabbed me in the back WAY to much and i cant take it anymore. i just dont know what to do anymore. ive screwed up life alot, and i dont wanna screw it up anymore.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: WHY GO ON? - February 16th 2012, 12:53 AM

The only thing you can do is talk to an adult about both your father's abuse and you not wanting to live anymore. Both things are VERY serious matters that cannot go ignored. Its gotten to the point where even if you are afraid to do so, you really should. Its a matter of your life now. Even if you feel like there's no adults (teachers, councelors, friends parents) that you trust, you should really just make yourself go talk to someone. You may hate to hear that but its true. If you don't talk to an adult in your life, the only other bit of advice I can give is call a hotline. Will leave some numbers for you in case.

child abuse hotline: 1-800-422-4453

suicide hotline: 1-800-273-8255

(#6 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

Re: WHY GO ON? - February 16th 2012, 01:02 AM

I can't sit here and tell you that things will get better. But I will sit here and tell you that things have to potential to get better. I know what it's like to be depressed and feel like life isn't worth anything. Where all you do in life is mope around and wonder why you're alive, or wishing your were never born.

I've had my handful and I'm under depression's hold as well. I've just found my way of coping. Do you have any outlets? When I'm depressed and all and feeling way too down for my liking, I avoid any music that might have depressing or angry content. Being able to relate to the lyrics isn't good and enhances the mood. Instead, I listen to calm and pretty music and actually just sit back and relax. Even that or play my clarinet. It does wonders for me.

I also get not being able to trust people. I currently have my trust in my boyfriend, but I even hold back on him because I get so worried of being backstabbed. I last told one of my friends who I really liked the other year my whole entire life and how I felt and he ended up ditching me and tearing my trust apart. If you'd like though, you could talk to me. I find that the best people to talk to are those who have their own problems. It's like being a mutual help and it really really does help. I'm not telling you to pour your life story into my inbox, but if something's on your mind, go right again

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

Closed Thread