TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cardoo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ricardo Acosta

Help. - February 19th 2012, 02:24 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm not sure about anything anymore. I'm a really nice, thoughtful guy and I try to see things from a positive view. But I can't keep pretending I'm not depressed and suicidal... I've never had anyone to talk to, I'm the only boy in family with 4 sisters. I have not seen my dad since I was 11. So I'm all alone. I have friends but none who I can really talk to. I feel like no one cares anymore, and I'm starting to feel like I don't care about anything. Not a day goes by that I don't think about suicide and what it would be like not to suffer anymore. I just need to know that someone care and someone I can talk to and relate to...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Help. - February 19th 2012, 04:15 AM

Im sorry babe=( I suggest talking to a teacher or a school counceler. They will be able to get you the help you need. And babe, people do care about you. Every moment of your life forever, there will always be someone who cares and loves you. You may not know who the person is sometimes, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. You don't need to know a person well in order to care about them.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cuttergirl17 Offline
Average Joe

Name: No one

Re: Help. - February 19th 2012, 11:49 AM

Hey... I use to be the most outgoing positive person but than one day I realized I had those thoughts of dying suicide...I started cutting, I had friends so I tried talking to them, they all shut me out they said what I was doing wasn't right and they didn't wanna be my friends anymore. Ever since than things have just gotten worse, I have no one to talk to. That is why I joined teen help so I could find people who could relate and talk to and maybe help me...so I wanna do the same for u, please feel free to pm me if u ever wanna talk about anything...and this might not mean much but...I'm a random stranger and I still care about u

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: Help. - February 19th 2012, 03:49 PM

I'm sorry that you're going through with this! Just try keep seeing things from a positive perspective, it really does help! But at the same time do not ignore those feelings of depression/suicide because they are very serious!

I'm sure people do care about you! Your friends and family do even if it might not seem like it. Depression has a way of masking things so it looks like you have nobody on your side, but you do! Maybe you could tell an adult about what you're going through so that you can get help? For instance your mom or a teacher/guidance counselor at school! I seriously think that would be the best thing that you can do right now!

Please keep hanging on, life does get better! Feel free to PM me if you want to talk!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Unknown10 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Help. - February 19th 2012, 05:17 PM

Hi there,

I'm sorry things are tough for you right now, but I'm sure there is something out there for you to live for. Since you have siblings, can you not talk to them? I understand that they're girls and you may not feel as though they can 'relate' to you, but I'm sure they can help you get through this hard time They are family after all and if you could talk to one of your sisters at least (maybe the one that you get on most with). Also, if you're feeling suicidal, it may be good to seek some help. There are a lot of places out there and people who are there to help, so maybe talk to a school counselor and they can find you the help you deserve. There are plenty of things that can help.

I hope things work out for you,
Take care.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
i.m.h.n.i.m.l Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: xXMary-RoseXx

Re: Help. - February 19th 2012, 11:52 PM

i feel you... i really do
we should talk

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Tiger

Re: Help. - February 20th 2012, 01:04 AM

hey there are people out there that care about and that love you ... I noe how u feel though i have never truly been happy at all in my life i've always faked being happy and im almost 19... but things will get better i have recently met some ppl on this site who have become my friends and they are helping me start tearing down my walls and learn how to genuinely be happy instead of faking it... if u ever need to talk to anyone u can pm me and i will always be here for u hope u feel better

♥ HeartBeatLover ♥ -^v-^v^-♥-^v-^v^-

"I kissed the scars on her skin I still think you're beautiful And i don't ever wanna lose my best friend"

"Form the place I was to the place I am to the place I wanna be For the mountains I've been climbing over and under and over"

If there's anything that you want to Know about me just pm me

My Poems

My Tumblr
  Send a message via Skype™ to ♥ HeartbeatLover ♥ 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: Help. - February 22nd 2012, 01:20 AM

Hey Ricardo, I'm new here but I still want to tell you this.

A guy in my community committed suicide. The high school grieved for weeks...as did his parents and friends.
Please rethink this; suicide is not a way out. You're actually creating more problems for your family and friends, all the people in your life. And suicide is contagious. Don't tell me you'd want your sisters killing themselves because they're sad and think that suicide is acceptable because you did it. Please, don't.

You have no idea how this will affect EVERYONE. I'm sure that guy in my school never even thought that his death would affect our town in the way it did. Please, don't. It's heart breaking...people just crying in the halls and you immediately know why.

Don't, don't , don't do this. People love you. They do, even if you're the quietest, shyest guy in the school, somebody loves you. And if you think that by killing yourself you would get all this great attention, back up a step: the attention won't matter, you're dead.

Everyone is put here for a reason. A purpose. You may not know it yet and you may never know but when you take yourself out of the picture all your potential goes with it. You are directly altering the future. Your suicide could cause... I don't know-but you are here for a purpose; you fit into this jigsaw puzzle of life and you are absolutely necessary to complete the picture.

You are needed. You are loved. I promise you that.
- Collies R Us aka Ally

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

Closed Thread