TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Name: Saria

Exclamation contemplating suicide... again? - February 19th 2012, 05:22 AM

So here I am again, comtemplating suicide.

I had a very thoughtout, organised plan for my suicide and also for my funeral and was going to kill myself on New Years Eve but somehow convinced myself to tell my case manager about my plan.

That lead to me being hospitalised in a psychiatric ward for five and a half weeks. I have now been home for two weeks now and am already contemplating suicide again.

I am probably more than contemplating it though because really I have sort of planned it out again. Just not as much as last time, but either way. I still am absolutely capable of carrying it out.

I thought about telling someone again, but the thing is, I know they are going to stop me. Everyone surely must be over me saying that I am suicidal by now, and they probably don't even think that I am serious so this time I'm not going to bother with telling someone, I'm just going to go through with it this time, because I really don't know what else to do.

"Feeling Change - Memories Don't"
"Enjoy the Moment and don't let it end"
"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."
"He comforts us when we are in trouble, so that we can share that same comfort with others in trouble." 2 Corinthians 1:4
PM me anytime
Tumblr
http://1000reasonstosmile.tumblr.com/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: contemplating suicide... again? - February 19th 2012, 05:33 AM

Please don't go through with it! I know how hard life must be at the moment for you but life is worth living. Trust me, if you tell somebody (like your case worker) they will take you seriously. Sometimes these things just don't go away! Please, tell somebody and get help though! If you have to go to your local hospital yourself or call an emergency number! Just keep living! If you want to talk, feel free to send me a PM!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ThornedRose Offline
You're scrumdiddlyumptious!
Average Joe

Name: Sydney

Re: contemplating suicide... again? - February 19th 2012, 06:15 AM

Don't do something you'll regret. I know the whole "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" bit is a little cliché, and frankly overused, but it makes sense. No one knows what life will be like years from now. You could be an extremely happy person, living a wonderful life, with a beautiful family and lovely friends. Don't you want the chance to at least see what the future holds for you? I'm sure you are very bright and something inside of you obviously felt the need to tell someone, even the people on TH, how you were feeling and the thoughts you were experiencing. You should tell someone. They will take you seriously, I'm sure of it. Remember, people love you. Whether you realize that or not.

Lovely quote, by the way:
"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."
Maybe you should take another look at it.

Enjoy the little things in life, for someday you will realize they were the big things.
  Send a message via Yahoo to ThornedRose  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: contemplating suicide... again? - February 19th 2012, 09:30 PM

Both posters above me are right. Your life will not be the same in years to come. You won't feel the same. So why throw it away? What's making you think there's no way out of it but death? What people don't realise is death effects more lives than just one. It effects everyone's lives around you. They never forget it, especially such a tragic one. It also effects the people you were supposed to meet in the future. What happens if 10 years from now, you were supposed to stop someone else from committing suicide? What happens to them if you aren't there? You don't want to die Saria. You know how I know that? For the same reason everyone else has posted on this section. They still think deep down, they still hope that someone will be there to pull them out and convince them not do what they are thinking of doing. Just like you. Just posting shows that. So please, help yourself and tell someone. If you don't want to go back to the Psyc ward and if it didn't help you anyway, just tell them that. Ask to get therapy or something. Just do anything but hurt yourself in any way.

Closed Thread