TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Babycakes Offline
ForeverAlone<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Aiden

Suicide - February 19th 2012, 09:14 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well, I've been contemplating suicide for quite some time now.
I started seeing someone regarding my depression, but it's not going well and apparently there's not enough wrong with me for it to matter.
I figure, the best time I have is when I'm asleep, in my dreams. If I died, what would be the difference? I'd be asleep and happy, forever.
I'm pretty sure I've made up my mind, and I'm going to go through with it.
I've been doing lots of research, and I've decided I'm going to borrow my parents car and sit in the garage revving it.
I haven't decided on a date yet, because there's a couple things I'd like to say/do before I go.

Anyways, best of luck to everyone, I hope you're stronger than me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Julia

Re: Suicide - February 19th 2012, 09:35 PM

Death isn't all that people think it is. It isn't a way out. Its not worth it and it doesn't help anything. Like I said in my last post to someone, what has got you thinking that death is the only option and only way out? If the person you are seeing for your depression isn't working out, tell someone and change who you are seeing. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right therapist. Thats normal. If you don't change your situation, of course things won't change or get better. Nobody can do that for you, thats something you have to do. You also have to be open to things getting better. You have to want to get better. If you aren't, again, no change. I'm gonna say the exact same thing I said in another post because you have to hear it too. What people don't realise is death effects more lives than just one. It effects everyone's lives around you. They never forget it, especially such a tragic one. It also effects the people you were supposed to meet in the future. What happens if 10 years from now, you were supposed to stop someone else from committing suicide? What happens to them if you aren't there? You don't want to die Aiden. You know how I know that? For the same reason everyone else has posted on this section. They still think deep down, they still hope that someone will be there to pull them out and convince them not do what they are thinking of doing. Just like you. Just posting shows that. So please, help yourself and tell someone. You would feel the same way you do now in 5 years, I promise you that. There's no way that nothing will change in that amount of time. So don't throw away your whole life just because it isn't great right now.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Babycakes Offline
ForeverAlone<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Aiden

Re: Suicide - February 19th 2012, 09:43 PM

I didn't just wake up one morning and decide on this.
This is an on-going problem; I've thought long and hard about every consequence.
I've tried seeking help, I've tried opening up, but for what?
I'm tired of people pretending like they care because it's their job to do so.
My life has been following the same path for years, it's going no where.
Even if I did get out of my depression, I'll end up a bum on the streets with nothing.
I don't have a future, I've been digging myself a grave for over 4 years.
It's just that time.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Suicide - February 20th 2012, 12:30 AM

See, there you go. All you're thinking of is the negative side. I'm not saying you woke up one morning and became depressed. Thats not how it works. I've known plenty of people in this situation to know that. Aiden, you won't get better unless you change your way of seeing things. Nobody can help you if you don't. You came here for help, i'm trying to give it. People do care. Every day of your life for your whole life, someone somewhere cares about you and loves you. You don't need to know someone well to care for them. You get help for yourself. You get help because it won't be the same forever unless you make it stay the same. And thats why nothings changed yet. When you give up, you lose everything plainly said.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Suicide - February 20th 2012, 02:27 AM

Look, just wanted to say i'm sorry if my posts came off as not that sympathetic. I'm just, i'm really trying here. I've had people in my life that have felt the same. I'm no stranger to this. I'm giving you as much help as I can offer. I've felt like i've wanted to die too. We all have at one point in our lives. But that doesn't mean we should go down that path. That doesn't mean there's nothing more we can try. When we stop trying, we give up. When we give up, we lose everything. Although maybe my posts said things in a harsh way, its true stuff. I don't know if you'll listen, I don't know if you'll care. I can't make you do those things. But I hope you will. Say anything you want, but I do care. I believe you can make it out of this if you just allow yourself to do so. Everyone's capable of anything. Nobody is weak or hopeless. Please, just talk to someone. Anyone. My only other suggestion is some helplines. I'll leave the number here if you want to use it.

1-800-448-3000

Also, here's a website you should see.

http://areason.org/

Last edited by minniemouseprincess; February 20th 2012 at 04:28 AM.

Closed Thread