TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Have I really been reduced to this? - February 27th 2012, 02:26 AM

I hate school so much, I try to avoid it. I missed one day the week before last, two and half last week, and I'm dreading going tomorrow. What was supposed to be my favorite class turned out to be my least favorite. Who enjoys being told to be quiet when they try to talk? Not me. The only person I like in that class is the teacher herself, and it's the only reason I'm staying in that class.

The guy who told me he loved me lives five hours away. I'll probably never see him but rarely in the future, and it's making me really upset and angry and frustrated. It's a big part of the reason why I hate going to school so much. I get so upset that I feel like crying, and I just want to leave the place as soon as I step through the doors. I want to talk to him about, but I don't even know how. I don't want to make him worry or be upset with me.

I stay up all hours working on a novel I'm writing that I'm really beginning to think I'll never finish. It's the best story I've ever written, and I know it could be great if I could finish it. I just feel like my whole life is wrapped up in that book, now. It's the only thing that keeps me going. The only thing I'm sure of. But it's starting to cause me immense stress, too, because I have no patience for it. I want it to be finished, but I'm still chapters and chapters away from the ending.

My mom and I constantly clash, and so does my little sister and me. It causes me a great amount of stress that I don't need, but I can't help it. I love my family so much. My dad lost his job, too, and there are so many things that are changing. We don't have as much money as we once did.

I feel like I'm extremely overweight even though I'm not. I'm constantly comparing myself to other girls that I see. Most people call me skinny; I just see my love handles and nearly die. I don't feel pretty.

I just... Started crying. Oh, and said guy from paragraph two is talking to me, and I feel a bit better now, just... I need some outside advice for these numerous problems that are causing me to be depressed all over again.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BulletHoles Offline
BulletHoles
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alicia

Re: Have I really been reduced to this? - March 2nd 2012, 05:23 PM

Well school isn't suppose to be a party, i think thats just something you need to work through and build up your stamina for it again. And sometimes you an your family clash. If the family thing is bothering, maybe you all need just to sit down and talk about it. Tell each other what you think the root problem is. Is it not listening to one another? or not enough family time? Then from there you can fix it!
And if you two really love one another, the distance doesn't matter. What is meant to be, will be. No matter what. You just both have to be willing to make sacrifices to make it work.
Talk to me anytime darling. :3
  Send a message via Skype™ to BulletHoles 
Closed Thread