TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ac135453 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: abby

Exclamation Help? - February 28th 2012, 10:29 PM

Hi, Im a 17 year old girl and have been struggleing with horrible feeling lately. Ive always been very depressed but lately its like I can't control it. Ive been cutting for about a year now but have recently stopped because my boyfriend saw and started yelling at me. I tried killing myself with pills once but there wasnt enough pills and it just made me pass out. Ive been to the doctors and they gave me zoloft and ive also been to couseling but nothing has helped.The zoloft made me just want to kill myself more.I want to get better but im not sure how ive been trying for about a year now to get better but im getting tired of being scared of going out because I might get a panic attack and im scared that people will judge me because I can't control my emotions. Ive been judged all my life and I feel worthless and I can't make any desicions because im scared that I might make the wrong one even with the little things I do. Should I just end it all? Im scared, I dont want to feel this pain anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: Help? - February 29th 2012, 01:44 AM

If your meds are making you suicidal then you need to talk to your med therapist IMMEDIATLY. I have been on zoloft one time not now Im not any more.

In stead of feeling bad liek this and not doing anything about telling your med therapist. Why dont you tell your emd therapist how the med zoloft makes you feel the bad the good. NO TRUST ME YOU WILL NOT BE SENT TO A MENTAL HOSPITAL IF YOU TELL HER ZOLOFT IS THE REASON YOU FEEL LIKE KILLING YOUR SELF. If you just explain to your med therapist on how you rmed makes you feel then you would NOT feeel this bad right now. If you talk to her openly an dhonestly she can get you on another med that will make you feel heppy trust me.
YOu need to talk to your med therapist IMMEDIATLY get a appointment soon aand talk about how zoloft makes you feel hoenstly so she can get you on a new med that will make you feel better.

Good luck
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ac135453 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help? - February 29th 2012, 02:18 AM

Thanks. I will. I dont understand how a drug that was good for you can be so bad. Whats the use in taking these drugs with all of the side affects. I want something but im scared its going to do it again. I dont wan to be a lab rat with testing all of these drugs not knowing how it might make me.

Always looking for friends

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Victoria ♥ Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Victoria

Re: Help? - February 29th 2012, 05:50 PM

Hey Abby!

Firstly, I just want to welcome you to TeenHelp, I’m glad to see you’ve started posting already! Let me know how you’re finding things.

It sounds like things have been really difficult over the past year, and you’ve made a really positive step by posting and looking for ways to move forward. It seems like you’ve been able to speak to people in the past, such as a counsellor and your doctor, but it doesn’t seem to have helped, which is a shame. What I can say is that although it hasn’t helped in the past, it’s REALLY important that you don’t bottle things up lovely. Is there someone in your family you can talk to about things, or maybe a close friend or teacher? You aren’t alone with how you’re feeling and sometimes knowing you have other people around you who care can really help. Are you still in contact with your Dr? If you aren’t then maybe you could talk to them and they may be able to offer other suggestions about support in your area. I don’t know if that’s something you would want though.

Sometimes when you start taking medication it can cause side affects, and these can sometimes include suicidal thoughts. Did you ever talk to your doctor about how you were feeling after you started taking them? Although you’ve had a bad experience with antidepressants in the past, there are different types you can try, and there may be one out there that can help. I can understand why you're nervous about trying another one though.

I know how scary it can be to feel this way, but with the right help and support things can get better and you can move forward. Don’t think you’re worthless, that’s definitely not true! You seem like a lovely person and you deserve to be happy.

Let us know how you are.
Victoria

♥ 18.10.08 ♥
LiveHelp Operator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ac135453 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help? - February 29th 2012, 06:51 PM

Thankyou. I dont have a fmaily memeber to talk to. I tried once but they just ignored it. They acted as thought the talk never happened. They dont support counseling or anti-depressants. I have three people who know about my feelings because I normally dont express myself or talk a lot. Im a quiet person who normally keeps to herself. My boyfriend knows and two of my friends and they are the ones that normally talk with me but I feel like a burden to them. I dont want to make them feel bad just because I feel bad. I told my doctor about how the drugs reacted with me and they advised me to just have counseling but ive tried counseling before and it still hasnt helped. I want to get better but whatever I do I still feel empty. Even before the medication I still had suicidal thoughts and once acted upon it but the panic attacks havnt stopped or lessened.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Re: Help? - February 29th 2012, 07:28 PM

You wont be a lab rat and LOTS OF PEOPEL HAVE TO TRY DIFFRENT MEDS BEFORE THEY FIND THE RIGHT ONE FOR THEM THAT MAKES THEM HAPPY. You need to speek with your psychiatrist to get on a med that will take away the suicidal thougths and maek you happy. EVERYTHING IN LIFE HAS SIDE EFFECTS BECAUSE NOTHING IS PERFECT. Give it a couple weeks ot kick in abby by week 2 if it doesnt make you feel goo dthen talk to your psychiatrist. You really can be happy if you just talk to your psychiatrist. You might have to change meds but it will be a GOOD THING NOT A BAD THING because a new med may make you feel happier.

I have tryed 3 meds before and IM NO lab rat. On my third med that I have tryed now. Only on one med a day. Mostly it was not because they were bad but because another med could work even better.
  Send a message via Yahoo to lauri  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Krista

Re: Help? - February 29th 2012, 07:42 PM

The meds should not make you more suicidal and if they do, you should talk to your doctor about it and maybe get them switched. some other one may help better. and you as for anxiety, there's medication for that, but I understand if you dont want to take them because you don't want to walk around like a zombie. Other ways, you can just go out once or twice a week and push yourself more and more every week until you are comfortable going out. And controlling your emotions comes better with time. Best of luck and I hope you feel better.

Live Help Operator

If anyone needs anything, feel free to PM me. (:
  Send a message via MSN to Colors Leave Me Blind Send a message via Skype™ to Colors Leave Me Blind 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
ac135453 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help? - February 29th 2012, 08:06 PM

Thank you I will try a new med maybe. I just dont like not knowing the outcome of my emotions when I take the meds. I wish I wasnt scared of going out though. I really want to go out and meet new people but im scared theyre going to judge me. Im scared that something bad is going to happen. Is there any advice for going out?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
will was here Offline
You're stronger than you think
Average Joe

Name: Will!

Re: Help? - February 29th 2012, 09:42 PM

It's important to know yourself and to know your limits. with anxiety attacks you have to catch yourself before you go to far under. with me I was on a medicne (prozac) that messed up my emotions and sent me to the hospital. I was a straight a student. I was the best in my class. I juggled school, career tec, music lessons, art lessons, I was almost perfect. then I began crashing and my perfect little world fell apart. I had mental breakdowns in class and lost my precious A streak. I was heartbroaken. It sometimes got to the point where I was unable to speak. I remember being in the er waiting room crying because I did not want my aunt to leave me alone in that place. I had to muster up the bravery to get a new medecine to fix all this damage that the drug that was supposed to help me did. When I started the new meds, (risperidone) I slowly got control of my speech and anxiety. I was getting back on track. I got better on the new medicine. I'm back in school and getting staight a's again

You need to have faith that this expiromentation is part of getting better. it can be scary and you may have to deal with small things like weight gain and drowsiness but you will be happier and better. and you will be able to live your life.

flower
hello my heart where have you been
I missed you when you left
you ran away with that senseless boy
and left me dim and dry
like a faded flower in the mist

Come back my heart. you have a home here
In this place that is my soul
I want to feel like whole again. don't waste your time with him

Have faith my heart. You'll get a second chance
come back to me and you will not be alone
  Send a message via AIM to will was here  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
ac135453 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help? - February 29th 2012, 10:25 PM

Thanks that helped. Im going to try some new meds and see how they work out. Ill try to get out and be involved in stuff again. I used to be in so many activities then it got to much. But im gonna get involved again. wish me luck

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Help? - February 29th 2012, 10:40 PM

Abby, it's important to tell some adult what's been going on inside for you....if not your folks, then maybe someone at school, a guidance counselor, a teacher, the principal? Some one who can understand what you're feeling and help you get to some one who can properly diagnose and treat what hurts.

We can fix just about anything, but for that to happen, you have to get to us. That's really the hard part, you know....convincing people in pain to seek help and to allow those caring people in their lives to get you to us. Therapy takes time, but when you commit to it regularly with a qualified professional it's been proven to be effective.

Start by determining which adult in your life is most likely to help you get to a doc and make a plan to tell them what hurts.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
ac135453 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help? - February 29th 2012, 11:04 PM

I really dont have any adults I can go to in my life. I tried telling my parents once but they completely dropped it but I have told a counseler. Thanks for your help.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Help? - February 29th 2012, 11:24 PM

Tell them again, tell them in a way that will get their attention and get them to get you to a doc. They did this once before, they can do it again!

(#14 (permalink)) Old
ac135453 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help? - February 29th 2012, 11:55 PM

okay ill try to be more direct with them

Closed Thread