TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sadgirl1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

so depressed. - February 29th 2012, 11:54 PM

Im so depressed...I see a therapist but ....sometimes when i leave her office i feel so alone..
I have no one to turn to at home ...
WHy dont friends understand anything, I try to tell my friends i feel sometimes like I just wana give up, the pain is so huge inside....and I just want to curl up and cry forever...
and my friends are all like "aww well dont worry ull feel better tomorrow, its not a big deal"
im so ugly and i feel like im not worthy of even being looked at...
I hate that i have to be alone ...I hate that ever since I was a little kid i have to be hurt all the time ....I always have to be strong and smile and pretend everything is ok...

Why doesnt anybody understand why is everything always "not a big deal"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lonelylies Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nicole

Re: so depressed. - March 1st 2012, 01:02 PM

Hey,

I'm so sorry that you've been feeling this way. I can relate because I'm going through the very same thing. Is there anyone else you trust who you can confide in about how you feel?

Another thing that might help is to research some helplines in your area. There may be some teen advice/support helplines that you can call if you're feeling down, which are open 24/7, anonymous, and give free counselling about any problems and whenever you need it. I really recommend this, it's helped me a lot -- I live in Canada so I've found Kids Help Phone very helpful, but depending on where you are, there may be different ones you can call. Maybe you could try looking into it?

Also, I think you should let your therapist know that you've been feeling worse sometimes. It will help her to better help you and to decide what to do next.

I hope this helped, and I wish you the best of luck in feeling better! You're not alone!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: so depressed. - March 1st 2012, 02:59 PM

I'm sorry that you are feeling like this. Sometimes it's hard for people to understand what others are going through if they themselves haven't been through something similar. So the whole "it will be better tomorrow," is just a way of them trying to be helpful! They might not understand what you are going through but at least they care, just let them know what you need and they'll support you! Do you have any other adults you could talk to in-between therapy appointments? Adults are more likely to understand what you are going through and even if they don't they'll at least have better advice for you! A teacher, school counselor, parent, or another family member would be great! These people usually want to do whatever they can to help you! Also, I think it would be a great idea to tell your therapist about how you feel after you leave her office, so she can help you deal with that as well!

If you ever want somebody to talk to, feel free to send me a private message!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

Closed Thread