TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Richard

Angry Depressed/angry. - March 2nd 2012, 05:23 AM

Hi everyone. Havn't been on in a while, my computer wouldn't let me on the site for some reason.

Anyway, since the last time I've been on nothings really changed. I don't really want to hang myself anymore, so I guess thats good. But I'm still really depressed.I stil have that numb feeling where I just stare into space all of the time. I don't really care about anything anymore. If the sun were to explode and destroy the earth in 5 minutes, I'd sit out on the steps of my house and read a book or something. I'm not scared, or worried,or anything. I don't really feel heat or cold or love or caring, or fear anymore. Mostly numbness and anger. Not like I want to go outside and punch a tree anger, but the feeling you get when you want to throw someone down stairs. A lot of stairs. Or watch someone you despise get attacked by a large mountain goat. Or strangle someone untill they turn the color a Smurf turns when you kick it in the groin. I don't like feeling this way, so I'm asking for help. If anyone has any input for this, I'd appreciate it. Because honestly its getting to the point where I'm considering suicide again. So can anyone help, or do I sound crazy or something?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 2nd 2012, 03:43 PM

Hi Richard,

No, you don't sound 'Crazy'. But you do sound very unhappy. And it doesn't sound as if it's getting any better on it's own.

So, the next step would be for you to choose an adult you trust and tell them what;s been going on for you and how you feel and let them help you by getting you to a doc who can talk with you and listen to you and help you sort all this out and feel better.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BulletHoles Offline
BulletHoles
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alicia

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 2nd 2012, 05:14 PM

You don't sound crazy at all. I feel that way too. Many people do. And what do we all need to do? Reach out to someone who can help us more then we can help ourselves. We can't always carry our burdens by ourselves. Consider talking to someone you trust or your doctor or a therapist.
  Send a message via Skype™ to BulletHoles 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 2nd 2012, 09:20 PM

I've tried reching out to people. My mom, my friends. I don't want to go to a theripist though, because that would make me feel crazy. My friends shrugged it off, and some laughed, and one used that against me to be an ass. And my Mom dosn't seem to give a damn. Which is really tempting me because as I'm typing this, there's a shotgun with one deer slug in it by the front door. One should be all I need.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
cuttergirl17 Offline
Average Joe

Name: No one

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 3rd 2012, 01:22 AM

Ur not crazy...Sounds rough, I feel the same way to ... I use to cut than I stopped but than I started having suicidal thoughts n became depressed... I won't talk to anyone either cept my friends but they shrugged it off too n they told the counselor n she said she wasn't worried.. So it's just m, pm me too talk

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 3rd 2012, 04:04 AM

Thank you.
I've been getting angrier than usual because of school and my mom shopping. She goes shopping every day and brings home impulse buys, while we have jack hit left in the bank. It really pisses me off, and when I try to tell her about it, she yells at ME, and says tells me to mind my own buisiness. I tell her that it IS my buisiness because I enjoy living in a house and do not want the bank to take it from us like the last people who lived there. I've tried to tell her ways to try and save money, but she yells at me. We argue about this untill we're yelling at each other and my dad wakes up, (he works at night.) and starts yelling at me too. I can't show any emotion at this point, if I show how homicidily rageful I am, he'll just make fun of me, like "Aw, are you mad?" "Do you need to see someone?" Which is why I don't want to see a theripist, so he pretty much ruined that for me.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
cuttergirl17 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 3rd 2012, 12:38 PM

I still suggest seeing a therapist cause they can really help when it comes to channeling your anger n they can also help with ur parents

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 3rd 2012, 11:46 PM

If I told a counsiler they'd probably yell at me about it.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
cuttergirl17 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 3rd 2012, 11:57 PM

A therapist would never do that n if the did they would get fired... It's their job to listen n help u

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 4th 2012, 09:05 AM

Lol, I meant my parents.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
cuttergirl17 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 4th 2012, 12:43 PM

Ohhh well that makes more sense... Well u could always go see your school counselor and maybe she could keep things quiet if your worried about your parents knowing

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 5th 2012, 07:59 AM

I could see that guy calling my parents up and telling them just the "important" parts of what I say. Plus I'm not comfertable around the guy anyway, he's kind of creepy.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
cuttergirl17 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 5th 2012, 05:40 PM

Than maybe try getting most ur help on this website, talk to some people

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 5th 2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttergirl17 View Post
I still suggest seeing a therapist cause they can really help when it comes to channeling your anger n they can also help with ur parents
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttergirl17 View Post
A therapist would never do that n if the did they would get fired... It's their job to listen n help u
Richard, i'm not one to beat around the bush, so here it is: If you want things to improve, you might need to rethink your resistance to getting some outside help. As it is, you've turned that into a kind of control struggle, which is NOT what getting help is about. If you're that unhappy...and your parents that unwilling to listen to you and respond to your concerns...then therapy really can only help.

Take your dad up on his offer and see.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 6th 2012, 03:41 AM

My Dad never offered, it was his idea of a joke to piss me off for some reason... if he see's my fists clench in any way while he's talking he says that.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
cuttergirl17 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Depressed/angry. - March 6th 2012, 04:22 AM

Since your parents already know bout everything I don't see how going to get help could make things worse. Sure they might still yell at you or get angry but the help you get from a therapist can even help you with dealing with them. Sometimes a therapist will even sit down with your parents and tell them the issues n discuss things, and so stones that what it takes for parents to really understand. Think about it

Closed Thread