TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Suicidal Thoughts. - March 3rd 2012, 07:54 PM

I'm katie. I'm 19 years old. Just graduated highschool here lately I have been having some suicidal thoughts. I'm not sure where they came from they just sprouted up one day. Seems like all at once everything happens. I graduated high school my dad went to prison, I'm havin relationship problems, I just quit my job, I'm being lazy in school I really just wanna completely give it all up and just die. But I know I can't kill myself because I can't bring myself to do it.

IF YOURE READING THIS I REALLLY REALLLY NEED HELP IT IS NOT A JOKE.

Last edited by katiewithasmile(:; March 3rd 2012 at 08:22 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Suicidal Thoughts. - March 3rd 2012, 08:39 PM

Hey, Katie.

First of all, welcome to TeenHelp. I'm Hollie and I'm a buddy here, so if there's anything you don't know or understand about the site, feel free to let me know.

I want you to know that you're not alone, and you never well be. Unfortunately too many people feel the way you do, but as well as this, many many people get help and feel better. I want you to know that you can too, and that despite how bad things feel and how bad they seem to be going, it wont last forever. Nothing bad ever has to.

I would suggest talking to someone though. Even if it's just a friend or family member who you trust, talking through your problems can really help sometimes. If the issue is bad though, I'd recommend talking to a professional simply because they're trained to know how to help people who are dealing with things like you have described. I honestly think that might be able to help you get through this.

Also, take a look here: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-d...-reasons-live/ This list is, in no way, a way of professionally helping you find reasons to live, but it's a list of small things that may help you smile every day. I myself have found this list quite eye opening because a lot of these things are dismissed, and it really can be the little things that help make a situation feel better. Basically, don't ever give it all up because things are going wrong, because in the world there will always be something that is going right. The negative things should never black out the positive things, just open your eyes wider and look for them. It may just help you find a way to get through this. Try to find something to make you smile every day.

PM me if there's anything else I can do. I really hope this has helped you a bit.
Take care, and remember to keep your chin up. It doesn't have to be this way forever and you ARE worth it.

Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
pixietheangel Offline
i give advice xx
Not a n00b

Name: pixie

Re: Suicidal Thoughts. - March 3rd 2012, 08:43 PM

Ok, first off, that is really brave of you to put this on here, it probably wasn't easy + i know more than most that trying to sort your confusing thoughts into words isn't easy. It sounds liek it is a really difficult time in your life, instead of leaving the world, you need to continue your search to find your place in it - i know that might sound cheesy but seriously , once you find your passion you will feel like you belong. Do not ever give in to the suicidal thoughts, you will be suprised at just how many people, famous, normal, young, old etc.. that get random moments where they feel liek they can't cope. IT'S NORMAL <3 if you can get through this bit, the voices, the confusion, it will get better. Try working through your thoughts/ emotions one at a time and solve the things that are in your control, forget about the ones that arn't such as your dad going to prison, that msut be really difficult for you but you have to work through/round it. Things like relationship issues, they seem big at the time but they wont be in years to come, dont take it to heart, if its ment to be its ment to be. xxx If you need me PM me anythime, even if i can't reply straight away, it might help you jsut to sort your thoughts yout, they are so much easier to deal with that when it's swirling round in your head. Also , don't bottle up your feelings, if you have a close friend/relative, you might need them to help you through it, if not you have us onlin at teenhelp xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Change the voices in your head,
make them like you instead

Closed Thread