TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rhetoric Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Overdosing, I'm new to teenhelp - March 6th 2012, 08:35 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm feeling pretty desperate right now. This is my first post here. I can't get rid of constant thoughts of hurting myself, especially by overdosing. I have the paracetamol ready. I want to take them so much but I'm scared of my family finding out.. I'm not sure what response I'm expecting, I just don't know what to do anymore. From the outside my life is pretty good, academically especially. So why do I just want to give up and die?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spikey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

Re: Overdosing, I'm new to teenhelp - March 6th 2012, 08:47 PM

First off, welcome to TeenHelp and I hope we can help you here!

Secondly, has anything ever happened to you that's made you feel like this?

I know what you mean and the reason I did it was because I was getting stressed with certain parts of my life and maybe this is happening to you?

When did this start, can you remember? The best thing to do is to think back to when this started and then try to figure out why.

You say from the outside your life is good, what's it like from the inside?

Sorry for all the questions, I just need a bit more back ground before giving advice. The best advice I can give for you right now is: hang in there! We're all here for you!!

Feel free to PM me if you need to!

Molly.

And she turns up the music, to drown out her life.

22/12/2014 was the last date I self-harmed. The longest I have gone so far is 1 year, 2 months and 5 days. This time, I hope I can give up! New record: 1 year 6 months! Yay!!
Previously:
Kibska

(#3 (permalink)) Old
rhetoric Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Overdosing, I'm new to teenhelp - March 6th 2012, 08:54 PM

Thanks. Well my mum died nearly two years ago now, and I've denied that it's why I'm depressed for a long time, because I felt like this sometimes before it happened, but it's definitely been getting worse since. I feel like I need her and can't accept life without her. I've always had low self esteem.. I guess she was the only person who ever truly made me feel better.
It just feels painful from the inside. A lot of the time I don't even know why I'm hurting, my chest just feels tight and I get a lump in my throat and I want to give up. I've ODed before and I hated how it made my dad feel but somehow I still want to do it again, more than ever.
Thanks for listening

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Overdosing, I'm new to teenhelp - March 6th 2012, 09:57 PM

Hi there :-)

Firstly welcome to teenhelp. It's really great you've posted in here for some support and advice.

You have lost your mum. That's a pretty traumatic event to have to go through and it's understandable that you feel this way. I've never lost anyone close to me before. I thought I was going to lose my mum once and I can't begin to explain how that made me feel. I'm not going to tell you I understand because I don't. But I do know that grieving takes times. And that's hard because when we feel suicidal, it feels like that's the one thing we really don't have. I wanted to encourage you try and post in the death and grieving forums. It might be that if you post in there, you might be more likely to get advice from people who have been through similar experiences to you in regards to you losing your mum.

I wish I had something to say which could make it all better and although I don't, I want to make sure you know that it does get better. I know it's hard to believe that right now but it does get better. This is not going to last forever. And I know these feelings are hard to deal with and they cause pain, but they're not going to hurt you. It's natural to feel this way and you're more than welcome to talk to us about how it has made you feel.

Have you thought about talking to anyone? I know it can be hard reaching out and you have done really well to come to us here, but sometimes having someone there to talk to and rely on can really help. You're not alone in this and you never will be. People love and care about you and it's okay to let them in and ask for there help.

I hope this helps a little. Keep your chin up and keep fighting. You can do this.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread