TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Viky Offline
Average Joe

Name: Victoira

Threatening loss of interest - March 10th 2012, 12:21 AM

Yesterday when i was at the doctor's office i managed to get it out there that i'm depressed and i have a therapist appointment thing and all here soon but my depression is starting to effect my grades as well as everyday life so-to-speak. I still have all A's but it's making my procrastination worse, and with the loss of interest i don't even get really pressured towards the end to do it. It's just like oh well...who cares? It sucks though because part of me still cares and the other part is just numb... and i can't re-spark the other one to care if that makes any sense. I just don't know what to do anymore...sure i'll be getting help but i just don't want it to effect my grades or anything before then and also i'm worried about how much this will even really help me because not only do i abhor talking out loud, i'm very...private when it comes to basically anything... saying out loud that im depressed for the first time made me cry yesterday... everything...it's like i can deal with and understand it when it's on paper or even if i can't it's okay...once i say it everything comes crashing down... I don't know why that is either and now my brain is going into ramble mode so imma just post this...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: Threatening loss of interest - March 15th 2012, 07:33 PM

Hey there lovely <3

I was wondering, if saying it out loud means accepting that yeah this is happening and this is what makes everything come crashing down. Is that it? Even if it is, it is okay. It is okay to reach this point in life. What is important is that you step on the path to recovery and try and get better.

No one knows how much this will help you, but you won't know till you try. And don't worry if it doesn't work, something else will. Every problem has a solution, you just have to look for it.

Opening up might take some time simply because it is something new for you. You've been private all your life. No one expects you to just change that in a single day. Take your time, prepare yourself mentally before an appointment about what you have to talk about and all that. Don't worry, you will get there eventually when you're able to speak out about your problems easily. Give it some time.

And as for your grades, I'd say, take up a piece of paper and make a schedule for yourself. Set some goals about what all you have to do in a day and make a time table. And try and stick to it Don't worry if you're not able to stick to it at once, keep trying. Even if you're able to stick to a single thing that you planned to do during the day, congratulate yourself. Take little steps, one thing at a time. Eventually you will get there.

If you need to talk, feel free to shoot me a VM/PM anytime.
Take care and stay strong

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Closed Thread