TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xDivinationx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Bad Grades, My Parents are REALLY mad - March 10th 2012, 02:36 AM

Okay, so this month my school started to use a new grading website which sends e-mails and shows grades online, homework reminders, etc...
So last week I introduced my mom to it saying that it's great for monitoring my grades. Now I am really regretting it

In the past, I've always been a straight A student and now my parents have these crazy expectations of me. Well, now this is my first year in high school and the work is a LOT tougher since I'm taking all honor classes and are pretty much getting B's and C-'s in all my core subjects. Well, my mom saw this and got pretty pissed. We had this huge discussion about my horrible grades and how I'm trying my best (and believe I really am) but I still produce these horrible results. During this discussion my mom asked me if I'm satisfied with this and I just replied back with If it what i deserve than Ill take it. Then she got really pissed and started saying that I'll never get into a good college and have an unhappy future and work at McDonalds (which is a fast food restaurant if some people don't know). Well...this really hurt me deep...I ended up shedding some tears and was quiet the rest of the fight. When my mom finally left with threats of taking away the computer and tv and even saying she'll take me out of school If I'm just going to get C's, I just cried into my pillow for a minute

Honestly, I've been showing troubles with grades since Jr. High (my grades have gradually been dropping from A -> B and now to C and my mom and I usually get into fights like these like once a month but really it's never gotten this serious before-i overheard my parents saying that they'll get someone to tutor me which i DONT want). I've had feelings of depression, running away from home, and even as serious as suicide before but this time is the worst out of all of them. I usually stop myself from just flat out running away but now I am seriously pondering leaving. I know that it's a stupid idea and I probably won't go through with it in the end, but I really just need some advice.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: Bad Grades, My Parents are REALLY mad - March 10th 2012, 05:37 AM

Hey,
I'm sorry things haven't been right for you. Parents can have biiiig expectations, believe me, I know. I suggest that you just have a long and detailed conversation with them without losing your temper. Tell them that you're really trying hard to get good grades and that you feel bad/underestimated when they scold you. Most probably, they'd understand. IF they don't, then you can try getting some help from your teachers in the tough subjects.
And trust me, running away is NEVER an option.
Hope everything works out!
xx

PS: Feel free to get in touch if you ever wanna talk.

All we can do is Keep Breathing...!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
confusedpuddle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Bad Grades, My Parents are REALLY mad - March 12th 2012, 02:52 AM

Hey, I'm sorry you're having to struggle with this!
I've been in the same boat as you and although I do feel like your parents are being unfair, it's obviously because they care for you and are desperate for you to get decent grades so you can go on to have a good life
Unfortunately what many parents don't seem to understand is how hard or how stressful school is. You could always try writing everything down in a letter and handing it to your parents? Perhaps you could talk to them about waiting for you to come to them with news of your grades and results instead of them finding out through the school system, which doesn't sound brilliant. After all, they are your grades and therefore your responsibility. Plus what they don't know what hurt them - if you slip up then it's your choice whether to tell them or not and hopefully they'd admire and respect your honesty if you did.
You can also go to your GP and talk to him/her about how you feel, they'll either prescribe some stress relief medication or refer you to a counsellor. That will definitely help Best of luck! x

Ps. Running away is scary..

Closed Thread