TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tazzy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tarah

No point in living - March 13th 2012, 11:33 AM

I'm not beautiful or skinny. Funny or smart or interesting. I don't get along with anyone... My family hate me. I'm so mean to them. I have one friend, when I do get invited to parties I get called boring because I tell my friend not to flash her boobs to the guys when they try and convince her too and I never would... etc,What's the point the living....? I don't even know how to live life. I don't even know how to be happy... I never will happy because you can't be happy alone.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: No point in living - March 13th 2012, 02:00 PM

The point of living is that even though life seems hard right now, it does get better. It sounds like you are going through a lot and you just don't know how to handle it and/or make it better. If that's the case, don't give up hope, because it does get better. Life is a learning process.

You say that your family hates you because you are mean to them? I doubt they hate you, though they may dislike the way that you treat them. Just try to be more aware of your actions and be nicer to them. Also, I think talking to them about how you feel would be a good start as well. I'm sure they'd want to help you in anyway that they could.

I'm sorry that you don't have more friends, but could you make more? Join a club or a sport at school? Talk to people you wouldn't usually talk to people. A lot of people I'm sure would love to be your friend if they got to know you! And just because you don't "flash your boobs" or whatever at a party does not make you boring like your friend implied, that's great that you refused to do that and tried to talk your friend out of it. Don't give into peer pressure.

I really hope things start looking up for you soon. Please don't give up! If you want to talk, feel free to send me a PM!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BlaineG. Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: No point in living - March 13th 2012, 02:37 PM

Hello--

You are a great person. Don't be so hard on yourself. You can make friends you can live a happy life. There will be times were its hard but you need to be strong. You can do it!! I am here for you if you need to talk. you can email me!

Stay Strong!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
HaleighDrew Offline
I cut myself to pieces
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Haleigh

Re: No point in living - March 13th 2012, 10:38 PM

Oh, this makes me so sad because I know exactly how you feel.

As much as you think you don't know how to be happy, and think that dying is your only option, you're wrong hun. Being alive is to feel pain, and sadness along with happiness.

You can't be happy with someone unless you're happy alone. I've learned this myself, and I agree with it. What you need to do is stop pointing out what you don't have, what you dislike about yourself, and start focusing on what you DO have, and what you do like about yourself.

You can't say that there's not one single thing you don't like about yourself. Whether it's the way you've perfected your make up to your left pinky toe there is always something you love about you. Any whether you think it or not, there is something that everyone else loves about you.

Times do get tough, and they are hard. And being a teenager sucks balls. But there are so many good moments, even if they're short, that will make up for the terrible feeling. Please believe me.

I hope you stay stong, and I'm always here to talk to love

Haleigh

Save your heart for someone that's worth dying for

Closed Thread