TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ForeverFalling Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

TakeTwo. - March 13th 2012, 11:40 PM

Okay, so i'll try again. I'm a little apprehensive about posting. It's not particularly easy for me to let people in and see the way I'm feeling. I just feel broken. I don't really know what to do anymore. I lost my job recently, I'm a victim of the recession. That job was my everything, and yeah, I know I'll find another soon...but its difficult.
I've been thinking of going back to the docs for help. I feel paranoid, alone, terrified tbh. I just need somebody. I don't know why; even just to sit with would be good.
I can't pay my rent, or buy simple necessities. Life is grim right now. I've started drinking to ease the pain. Not a good combo with the medication I take but I'm past caring. I feel like nobody would care if I died, and sometimes I feel like dying is the only answer. I'm scared.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: TakeTwo. - March 14th 2012, 07:35 PM

Hey,

I know how hard this must be for you! I'm really glad that you posted and let us know how you've been feeling though! You're aren't alone in this!

I'm sure people would care if you died! Please whatever you do, don't do that. I know that life is rough right now and that might seem like a good option, but eventually life will get better and trust me you will want to be alive later on. If you feel like you're at risk to harming yourself then I suggest that you seek medical attention ASAP! Call a hotline, tell somebody thay out trust, call your local emergency number or go to your local hospital.

As for everything else, I'm sorry about your job. Times are hard, I get that. But like you said you can get another job eventually, right? Keep the hope in that. Is there anybody that could help you out right now though? I'm sure there are some options if you look into it.

Also, I know drinking feels like a good idea but I think that it's probably going to make your situation worse right now. I've been there and drinking always made everything worse for me. Maybe try and do something you enjou doing and are distracted by whenever you feel like drinking or are just feeling low in general.

I think that going to the doctor about these feelings is a great idea! If you think that you should go, then you def. should! It would probably help you out with a lot of these feelings that you have.

I really hope things start getting better for you soon! If you want to talk or anything, I'm here, just send me a PM!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

Closed Thread