TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chlo chlo

Exclamation Idk if I'm crazy or not...help me please?!??! - March 24th 2012, 11:47 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm 16 years old and I don't even like being in this world. It's cruel, I hate to say it but I feel so alone at times. My worst enemy physically is my mom. She always gets to me, everything I do to her is always wrong and if anything I'm the good child. My brother is the one who dropped out of college and got a girl pregnant. I'm still in high school trying to make it in life, but I get no appreciation. Everyone tries to run over me, my dads side of the family are the only people I actually trust but I hardly see them only on holidays. My mom physically, mentally, and verbally abuses me. I don't think it's healthy sometimes I hit myself when I'm mad at myself for making her mad. I tried committing suicide but it didn't work. I guess it wasn't meant to be but I honestly don't understand people. I can't even have a healthy relationship with a guy or hang with friends because my mom tries to control my life. She contradicts herself, and sometimes I wonder if shes mentally ill...sometimes I wonder if I'm mentally ill.......

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Idk if I'm crazy or not...help me please?!??! - March 25th 2012, 10:57 AM

Hey there

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this. Nobody deserves to be abused in any way. It would probably help to talk to a trusted adult like your dad or a teacher or school councilor. They will be able to get you the help you need like therapy or antidepression medicine. You are specal and unique. There isn't any other person in the world who is the same as you. If you end your life then all your potential would be gone. The world would be deprived of your talents and people especially your dads side of the family would miss you like crazy. As for mental illness we can't diagnose it here but if you talk to a professional then they can help you learn to be happy and hopefully after a lot of hard work become depression free. It is vitally important for you to take the first step and talk to an adult who can help you. I know that it is scary to talk go somebody about allof the emotions and feelings inside but I have found that after coping in many different ways that it is the most effective way. If you ever want to tak or need anything feel free to PM me. Please remember that suicide is not the only option. I hope that everything works out for you.

Good luck and the best of wishes!
~SM~

PS: you are not crazy at all. if you end up being diagnosed with a mental illness if is just like having an illness in any other part of the body. If you want an illness in any part of the body to get better it must get the necessary treatment.

Last edited by SM13; March 25th 2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Adding PS

Closed Thread