TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Flora Offline
Goodbye.
Not a n00b

Name: Michelle

Rabbit breathing weird - June 9th 2014, 11:24 AM

Just wondering if anyone can help, I'm getting a bit worried about my rabbit. She's a female lionhead rabbit who's had a weird problem for the past month or so. She seems to be breathing faster than usual, and looks like she's not getting enough air or something because her mouth is always open and doing a pulsing thing every so often. I've picked her up to check for any obvious problems, and she looks fine, but I did notice her heartbeat was very heavy compared to what it used to be. She lives with her sister, and I've checked her as well, and she is completely normal from what I can tell. It's developed from what looked like constant 'sneezing' I noticed after putting them back after a run round the garden if that helps anything.

I filmed her to help, it's hard to describe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl0u...ature=youtu.be

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Rabbit breathing weird - June 9th 2014, 11:28 AM

Hey there Michelle,

I don't have much first hand experience with rabbits but I have other small animals and those symptoms sound like it could be a sign of a respiratory infection. Sometimes rabbit's noses can get blocked too which could cause her to breath with an open mouth, see if there's any mucus in there and try cleaning it with a warm damp washcloth if it looks blocked.

If I were you I'd take her to the vet for a check up just to be sure since in smaller animals respiratory infections can get worse really fast if left without treatment.

I hope this helped, take care

Closed Thread