TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Fears. - December 10th 2014, 09:10 PM

Are your pets afraid of anything silly or unusual? For example my dog is scared of men wearing hats, and one of my cats is scared of the dryer (which is unfortunate because she has to walk past it to get to where we feed them). What about your little ones? Any funny stories or amusing anecdotes? This is the place to share them.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Writer Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Re: Fears. - December 10th 2014, 10:11 PM

My cat, Panic, was born and raised feral. When I first started taming her, I'd hold out my hand for her to come to me, and if I made so much as the slightest move, she'd attempt to run right through my legs. Often into my knees.

Now she's perfectly tame for me. Sometimes she'll let my grandpa pet her, but that's about the only other person I know she'll let anywhere near her.

My grandma's cat is terrified of vacuums and leaf blowers. She once climbed my grandma's screen door trying to get away from one, the poor dear.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kay

Re: Fears. - December 11th 2014, 12:04 AM

My aunt's pug is scared of the television. Everytime someone switches on the tv, he starts barking, runs to the next room and hides somewhere.

My hamster used to be scared of the doorbell. If the doorbell rang and you had him in your hand, be sure to get bitten.

My cousin insists that his budgie is scared of people wearing raincoats.

Right now I share pets with my cousins and aunt

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: Fears. - December 11th 2014, 12:12 AM

my cat is really scared of balloons or anything that flaps like this rubber strap that I use to exercise and smells/same material as a balloon. Also, he is very afraid of umbrellas. Oh and you know those springy stuff right near the door? I sometimes flick it and it bounces in a wagging motion and he ends up hitting it because he doesn't like it. He is very afraid when I open the door to leave. Sometimes he'll have the courage to walk out of the door and creep down the third floor hallway. He is very afraid of being locked in the bathroom as that can happen, when someone doesn't know he snuck in and sat inside the bathtub.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Fears. - December 11th 2014, 02:11 AM

My cats are afraid of balloons (one found out the hard way!). They're also terrified of the vacuum.

They absolutely hate the smoke detectors. Ours are extremely sensitive and they go off quite often. They went off this one time, and my most anti social cat out of all of them ran over to me and jumped into my lap.

You know those singing stuffed animals? We have a lot of those out for Christmas at the moment, and one of my cats runs away when someone turns them on.

My cats cry and pace around the house whenever I'm in the shower because it scares them for some reason.

One or two of them are afraid of fire, and the dog, of course.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Fears. - December 11th 2014, 02:13 AM

My dog is afraid of boxes being opened, anything being crumpled, the vacuum, someone sneezing and coughing

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Fears. - December 11th 2014, 04:24 AM

Our dog is afraid of balls. Yep. Throw a ball for her to catch, she will haul it in the other direction, tail between her legs.

She's also terrified of car rides; get her into a car, expect her to cry and shake the whole way. The weird thing is we got her from a trucker who kept her with him in his truck!

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Avox. Offline
Not In Use
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Fears. - December 11th 2014, 01:16 PM

My cat is scared of the dark, weird right? He sleeps in a room where he has his own nightlight He's also scared of noises like a chips packet being open or paper being scrunched up.

My parrot, he's scared of pears and raisins.
I have a weird parrot

Survivors have Scars. Victims have Graves.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Vint Fall

Re: Fears. - December 12th 2014, 02:03 AM

My pets are scared of the water and plastic bags of all kind.
That is kind of usual.

I'm not sure if my dog is afraid of strangers or not but for most that walk in, she runs aside acting all high and mighty but keeps the distance really long making sure there is zero contact, and she always makes this squealing-barking sounds which makes me go ughhh. But after a few visits, she grows very warm with them (at least she wouldn't bark but jump on them instead). It's strange how she would never bite a human.

My favorite cat is terrified of heaters. One time when I brought her in to record her for a memory, she saw a heater and suddenly jumped on the keyboard. I still have to hit some keys a few times to make them work because of this.
But then she jumped on the cupboard to chomp on peanuts cause she likes peanuts enough to trash my entire room. Fears were surprisingly forgotten.

I have a cat that is literally afraid of physical contact with humans. Totally annoying. Can't pet her or anything. I like calling out for her and pretending to approach her sometimes cause the reaction is simply funny. Anytime a human would approach her she would get ready to exit the yard, like already get up. Not even sleep will prevent her from running. Unfortunately while she eats she will not see you coming or she is too tempted to stay unless you grab her. Then she forgets food exists on her plate and abandons the entire scene in a matter of seconds. Lately I can't properly call her out, she immediately jumps onto the roof.
Don't really care since her fur isn't that soft or anything.

I moved back while
my head was turned.

Upside down
closer to the end.

Afraid of the dark
within future times.

I'm drowning there,
my final chase.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Writer Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Re: Fears. - December 12th 2014, 02:17 AM

Ooh, and I forgot: Between my cat, my siblings' cats, and my parents' cats, I have an army of five cats following me every time I go walking. When I get anywhere near my grandma's house (we live on the same farm), they all try to steer me back home, because they don't like my grandma's cats.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Fears. - December 12th 2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koharuchan View Post
She's also terrified of car rides; get her into a car, expect her to cry and shake the whole way. The weird thing is we got her from a trucker who kept her with him in his truck!
My dog is afraid of car rides, too. I think she associates it with the shelter, or something because we're not her first family.

She hates water! It's really hard to give her a bath. You can't even bribe her with any kind of food to take a bath. She runs away from the waves at the beach.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Fears. - December 12th 2014, 05:56 AM

My cat is scared of any loud noises and will jump into my lap and meow or hide under my desk. He startles really easy though because he is so old, if he's on my bed I have to pet him and wake him up before I sit on it otherwise he will freak out.

My other cats are scared of the microwave, vacuum, clanging of pots or the sound of the toaster.

My one dog hates water and if you try to bathe her? She will freak out and will escape. Oh and one of my other dogs is scared of the phone ringing.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Fears. - December 13th 2014, 10:24 PM

These are amusing. Keep the stories coming, guys, it's good to know my pets aren't the only weird ones.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Em. Offline
I don't even like cats
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Fears. - December 13th 2014, 10:49 PM

My dog was afraid of the washing basket as one time he got trapped underneath it for a few seconds, so he would run round and round it until one time he ran into the wall and after that he would crawl really slowly past it to get to his bed

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Re: Fears. - December 14th 2014, 12:31 AM

My dog is afraid of candles and my curling iron.. If he hears it he'll run!

Closed Thread