TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

whata happeming to him :( - May 27th 2015, 08:57 AM

I don't know what just happened. My cat just attacked my dad severely. He was sleeping and we hears screaming. He is bleeding like crazy. I don't understand. My cat was with us for 8 almost 9 years

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Re: whata happeming to him :( - May 27th 2015, 09:02 AM

Your cat might have been irritated at him for some reason, maybe in his sleep he accidently hit the cat? Whatever reason it is I am sure it might just be a once off, get him a few toys to help him relax as that might also the problem, and if it happens again then you might want to consider looking into what might be making your cat do this. But getting them something to make them relax is a good starting point. Also make sure your dad isn't doing anything that could be upsetting to your cat as cats take offense pretty easily unlike dogs, and aren't keen on forgiving. Make sure your dad is being nice to your cat, otherwise it would also explain the incident, but its a good place to start even if you don't find that your dad did anything.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Re: whata happeming to him :( - May 27th 2015, 09:12 AM

Thank you for the quick response. I'm trying to calm him down but he seems really out of it. He was also meowing differently. My sister was making fun of me for hugging him
I hope they're both okay. My dad is washing it out. My sisters are saying they don't trust my cat anymore I don't think my dad hit him as he was just sleeping, I don't know. He never done it before. In all 8 years. I wish I knew what set him off so badly.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Re: whata happeming to him :( - May 27th 2015, 10:51 AM

He could have rolled over and hit him by accident or something that way. Your sisters have a totally valid excuse for not trusting your cat now but I wouldn't stop trusting him for one incident. But it is understandable. Someone could have fed him something that is harmful or irritates cats? That would explain the behaviour and meowing and I have seen many cats that have had it happen to them before. If it isn't normal for him to act this way then something must have upset him badly. Just look into it and see if you can find anything out about it. If it happens again, maybe take him to the vet and test for poisons or anything else that could be harmful or irritate him. But I wouldn't worry too much this time though. Just be careful with who is around him and watch him closely to see if he acts differently around people. Just watch him ok?

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Re: whata happeming to him :( - May 28th 2015, 06:10 AM

I think things are settling down. Well they're all still mad at him and still blaming me for it saying I give him ideas to be violent. But other than that, things are kinda okay in this department. Everyone is still making a big deal about giving him affection or feeding him though which they never do either of anyway!! Except for my dad, because he actually takes care of the cat. And this is a family cat apparently. I still love him. I found out more of what happened and turns out he was simply acting on instinct. I don't think my sisters are right to judge him based on how humans think because he isn't human and doesn't go hmm, what is the pros and cons for this? He acted based on his feelings of being threatened. Which I won't really get into. But it isn't entirely my dad's fault either. It just happened and my cat deserves forgiveness but whatever, it is up to them.

I guess this thread can be closed since there isn't really much to say.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: whata happeming to him :( - May 28th 2015, 06:13 AM

I hope over time your sisters will gain trust again! Cats do act on their instincts because that is how they survive in the wild, and I bet if your dad did anything to set your cat off, he did it by accident. Hopefully it never happens again!

Since you said the thread can be closed I'm closing it. Best of luck!

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
Closed Thread